PL Fixtures 2021/22

ismail-villa

I hate having the newly promoted teams early in the season. Watford and Brentford will be bang up for it. 

Nice to have 2 of the first 3 at home but I've never liked playing Brentford. 

• Like 1

I think it's pretty easy to predict the games Sky will pick up on. My guess is-

Saturday 12.30 KO - Brentford v Arsenal

Saturday 5.30 KO - Watford v Villa

Sunday 2pm - Manure v dirty Leeds

Sunday 4pm - Spurs v Man City

Sunday 7pm - Norwich v Liverpool

MNF - Jawdies v Wet Spam

P*ss easy this Sky scheduling. Of course the following week will have Arsenal v Chelsea as a Sky game.

Edited by stewiek2

18 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I hate having the newly promoted teams early in the season. Watford and Brentford will be bang up for it. 

Nice to have 2 of the first 3 at home but I've never liked playing Brentford. 

you say that...but the last time a newly promoted side won its first game was huddersfield in 2017 and that was against de boer's palace who were utterly shite.

the whole "they've just come up, they're well up for it" is a myth IMO...i'd much rather play them early before they get used to the league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I think it's pretty easy to predict the games Sky will pick up on. My guess is-

Saturday 12.30 KO - Brentford v Arsenal

Saturday 5.30 KO - Watford v Villa

Sunday 2pm - Manure v dirty Leeds

Sunday 4pm - Spurs v Man City

Sunday 7pm - Norwich v Liverpool

MNF - Jawdies v Wet Spam

P*ss easy this Sky scheduling. Of course the following week will have Arsenal v Chelsea as a Sky game.

i'd hope that when fans come back we've seen the last of the sunday 7pm games?

• Like 1

Would have liked Crystal Palace in one of the early fixtures. With the complete rebuild they are having to go through I'd imagine they are going to struggle big time for at least the first month or 2.

We're ALWAYS away first game of the season.

IIRC the only time we've been at home first game of the season in the PL over the past decade was last season, and that of course was when there were no fans in stadiums.

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Would have liked Crystal Palace in one of the early fixtures. With the complete rebuild they are having to go through I'd imagine they are going to struggle big time for at least the first month or 2.

Palace will be favourites for drop I think. They'll be easy pickings any time in the season. 

Absolutely Gutted ☹️, was looking forward to a visit to Villa Park for the first time in a few years, But I fly to Corfu the Day before, just hope with fingers crossed that I can find it Live on Sky sports as most of the bars out there have Sky, Should be a good game with Ollie up for beating his old team and Ivan Toney showing what he's about with making the step up, lt should be an interesting game, and I don't think we will roll over, I've got a good feeling with our first match at home against Arsenal, I think they might get a shock.

Best of luck to Villa for the forthcoming season (but not against us) you should do very well especially with the addition of Buendia who's a fantastic player, A good bit of business done there.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Absolutely Gutted ☹️, was looking forward to a visit to Villa Park for the first time in a few years, But I fly to Corfu the Day before, just hope with fingers crossed that I can find it Live on Sky sports as most of the bars out there have Sky, Should be a good game with Ollie up for beating his old team and Ivan Toney showing what he's about with making the step up, lt should be an interesting game, and I don't think we will roll over, I've got a good feeling with our first match at home against Arsenal, I think they might get a shock.

Best of luck to Villa for the forthcoming season (but not against us) you should do very well especially with the addition of Buendia who's a fantastic player, A good bit of business done there.  

there's always next season mate ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

you say that...but the last time a newly promoted side won its first game was huddersfield in 2017 and that was against de boer's palace who were utterly shite.

the whole "they've just come up, they're well up for it" is a myth IMO...i'd much rather play them early before they get used to the league.

We lost in the 1st home game to Stoke, Newcastle beat us 6-0 as well. We did beat Bournemouth who battered us that day

Â