James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I think he will end up coming, heard Southampton are desperate to loan Abraham, but Chelsea will now only sell, so they need the money. 

Abraham will not be going to Southampton. No way. 

The one thing that is certain is that if there is ANY chance of getting JWP we will know that from Ings.  If he's 100% never leaving Southampton Ings will surely know that. Equally if he may be open to a move Ings will know that too. 

One thing Jack has shown us is everyone has a price and everyone has a lever. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is one we could really do with, at the moment our options are McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba, Sanson, Hourihane, Chukwuemeka and Jacob Ramsey.

Edit - McGinn I'm happy with, but Luiz will miss the first month of the season, Sanson is injured, Chukwuemeka is a seventeen year old who has made two appearances in the first team and you can make a case for each of the others not really being Premier League quality. 

I'd love for us to get JWP over the line.

I thought there was a photo yesterday of  Sanson back at training?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The one thing that is certain is that if there is ANY chance of getting JWP we will know that from Ings.  If he's 100% never leaving Southampton Ings will surely know that. Equally if he may be open to a move Ings will know that too. 

Ingstuition.

I get a feeling that Smith is a big fan of his. If he joined I could see him doing a Gaz Baz role in the centre with good set piece delivery. Doesn't get injured often  too. He is a year older than Grealish but has played 70 games more.

I'd rather he won't suddenly lose all of his pace and then move to Man City though like Barry.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It didn’t take Jack to confirm that. Football is unfortunately a business.

I think that sometimes you are offered a moment in time that you have to reach out and grab. I believe that this is that moment. For years we have bemoaned the lack of a JWP in our CM position, and yet when the opportunity arises some of us start to quibble about then price. In my opinion we need JWP to complete a quality first eleven, His price is (within reason) immaterial.

Simply put, if we sign JWP we will finish at least a couple of league places higher than without him.

• Like 2

This is the one we need to make happen I think. No idea if it will but in the wake of the inevitable that has now happened I think we are as enticing a prospect for any player without European football already in the bag as exists. Chance to come in, make a shed load of a money in a strengthening ambitious side where you have the opportunity to stamp yourself as the main man who just signed one of your mates...I'd go for it.

Â