James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

This guy just rounds us off nicely. If we aren't if for him we should be.

Back 5 and front 4 sorted, Luiz away so SJM is a starter, plus Deano likes him, if he's fixed his shortcomings by next week then I feel that JWP is the last piece of the jigsaw.

For now.

• Like 3

I think Southampton will sell and go into the loan market, maybe we could part ex but that rarely happens.

We have the power to move heaven and earth so we should use it. We are above them in the food chain incredible saying that as a few years ago they were on another level to us.

• Like 1

Can’t see us getting him if Liverpool are genuinely interested. You’d imagine he’d prefer to stay at Southampton until late on in the window until Liverpool had sold players so they can afford him.

Obviously Southampton may want the cash sooner, but perhaps they’re banking on keeping him if Liverpool can’t raise the funds.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Can’t see us getting him if Liverpool are genuinely interested. You’d imagine he’d prefer to stay at Southampton until late on in the window until Liverpool had sold players so they can afford him.

Obviously Southampton may want the cash sooner, but perhaps they’re banking on keeping him if Liverpool can’t raise the funds.

Southampton need time to replace him, if he moves it’ll be quite soon, imo. 

• Like 1

While I think he'd be a top class signing, I just can't see Southampton selling him. I think it'd be suicide for them this season.

Hasenhuttl has already intimated that the money for Ings will likely be spent on two players so it's clear they're not in a position to spend big on replacements. Gems aside, we know how tricky it is to operate in that "£10m/£12m per player" bracket.

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

Southampton need time to replace him, if he moves it’ll be quite soon, imo. 

Yep, could be. I guess we don’t know enough about the club as to what their priorities are for the upcoming season.

Here’s hoping you’re right and we get it sorted soon.

Nakamba + Conor + 22m = JWP

Never happen but this in principle is the impact on finances, I'd much rather we ship Wes though instead of Marv. We can upgrade Marv in the coming windows unless he improves, he's not to far off being decent backup.

I really don't see how they can keep JWP.

4 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Yep, could be. I guess we don’t know enough about the club as to what their priorities are for the upcoming season.

Here’s hoping you’re right and we get it sorted soon.

Like others have said, if it’s between us and Liverpool then that’s difficult.

Beating Arsenal to a player is one thing…

Just now, Awol said:

Like others have said, if it’s between us and Liverpool then that’s difficult.

Beating Arsenal to a player is one thing…

We can transfer the money in minutes, not years, a major factor for Southampton. 

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

This guy just rounds us off nicely. If we aren't if for him we should be.

Back 5 and front 4 sorted, Luiz away so SJM is a starter, plus Deano likes him, if he's fixed his shortcomings by next week then I feel that JWP is the last piece of the jigsaw.

For now.

Don't forget Sanson

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

He's back in training I think though probably a few weeks off 

Good.

If he becomes our box to box boy then that's great. He offers so much if he makes the grade, no surpasses the grade.

To improve we need to upgrade on a rolling basis, say JWP for Marv, then another for Luiz, then another for JWP and so on.

Â