James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

I think this transfer is a possibility if Douglas Luiz goes, and with Roma showing interest over the last month or two and his contract down to two years is a strong possibility

I see Ward-Prowse as the direct replacement at the base of the midfield, protecting the back four and dictating the play in a simlar way to how that ginger fellow who player for Deano at Brentford did. I do think he is one of those players that is tidy, and does alot of things that go tend to go unnoticed in the highlight reels so is probably under appreciated by fans of other teams. One of those players you miss when he is not in the team in the way Petrov was for us in the MON days.

I wouldn't be against this signing if he is available at a relatively cheap price of circa £30-£40m. However, I can't see him being available for that though as he is a key player for Southampton and has a long contract in place. The only way I see this happening is if Southampton are desperate for cash in the way we were under Dr Xia.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

No chance, both players would be circa 33-36m.

Tammy + ward prowse = jack - (pi plus 8.76) divided by the cubed root of 27. 

For you thicko's that means trading one world class player for two mediocre ones and a few pound is a bad deal.  

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Tammy + ward prowse = jack - (pi plus 8.76) divided by the cubed root of 27. 

For you thicko's that means trading one world class player for two mediocre ones and a few pound is a bad deal.  

I'm not thyck 

On 31/07/2021 at 13:54, Delphinho123 said:

A midfield 3 of JWP, McGinn and Buendia as the 10 would certainly be energetic and they’d all press. 

If we get Bailey in and break the bank for a left winger, we *may* be stronger than we were last season. 

We'd be much stronger IMO. With threats from all over the park. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Think JWP is being underrated here. He is more than a free kick merchant. Everything goes through him at Southampton. He has a great range of passing and can tackle too. 

Would be a great addition imo. 

Great all-rounder, very experienced premier league campaigner, England International, dead ball expert. Very underrated. I'd love him here.

• Like 1

Â