James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

43 minutes ago, useless said:

Southampton aren't in the best of places at the moment, their fans seem to think they need to spend big money just to stand still and avoid relegation next season, but not sure if their owner is going to put the money given he's apparently trying to sell the club.

If we're genuniely interested then I think we have a good chance of getting him and don't think he'd cost as much as some are suggesting.

I think you're right. Southampton are in a bit of a mess at the moment. Don't think the fee would have to be astronomical.

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is he filling in at right-back?

Do you know I was going to say his ability to do so is an asset given Elmo’s leaving… except for all that I rate him as a midfielder, I do think we ripped him apart when he played RB vs us…

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Suddenly interested to see how he and Jack link up for England today… (and at the Euros as I think he’ll be Trent’s replacement and I think he’ll get some minutes…)

And he’s on the brink of signing for a big club....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s starting vs Romania for England tonight. Have a little word in his ear Jack!

probably got the game on their minds...but i guess during breaks in play, injuries and whatnot. man goes down injured..."come on james...you and me down broad street on a saturday...whaddaya say?"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If there existed a rule that said you could swap players whenever there were a set piece without interfering with the 3 sub rule i would be all for him.

Unfortunately you can't and we already have lots of 8's in this team as it is.

We should focus our attention on a 6

yes but none, IMO, are taking us to the next level. we have mcginn, ramsey and sanson (oh and conor who we assume will leave). mcginn has been largely poor and there has been calls to upgrade him from a large section of the fanbase, sanson is still early days (and a lot of VT has already decided he's not good enough) and ramsey (IMO) needs a championship loan.

whilst the poor form in the final 3rd of the season did go hand in hand with jack's injury, it was also the same time as barclay, mcginn, and luiz's dips in form...plus sanson's injury. our centre midfield for a lot of this season has been woeful and it needs improving

we have luiz and nakamba as 6s, which is enough. whether we believe luiz is a natural 6 is irellivant, deano has made it clear that's his position.

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Grealish winning the freekicks, ward-prowse pinging them in, glorious!

While I’d love fans of other teams whining that this is all we do… the concept that excites me more is how good Jack could be if teams were trying NOT to foul him…

6 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

He just seems to similar to Mcginn, Luiz and Sanson. I don't see how we fit him into the side

Agree. Don't think there is any real interest from us because of it.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

While I’d love fans of other teams whining that this is all we do… the concept that excites me more is how good Jack could be if teams were trying NOT to foul him…

Yeah true, some of the break aways we have had that have been stopped by a foul on Jack is infuriating, need more cards handed out for those types of deliberate fouls, no leniency.

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

He just seems to similar to Mcginn, Luiz and Sanson. I don't see how we fit him into the side

I don't think he's anything like any of them. He will primarily sit deep and dictate the play; something we really needed more of last season.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Yeah true, some of the break aways we have had that have been stopped by a foul on Jack is infuriating, need more cards handed out for those types of deliberate fouls, no leniency.

Within the final 35-40 yards from their goal they will think twice if we can get a great set piece taker into the team - whether JWP or another. Or they won’t, and then that’s a chance not just a free kick shanked.

• Like 2

I'm surprised at some people's views on Ward-Prowse. Did people not see how he absolutely played us off the park in the home fixture last season? Maybe he's the kind of player you don't appreciate unless he's on your side. He'd be an ideal fit for us and not just for his set pieces; he's got so much more to his game.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

From what i've read from Saints fans, this guy isn't that reliable for them and the opposite of what he says tends to happen.

He works for TalkSport. He doesn’t know anything. 

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'm surprised at some people's views on Ward-Prowse. Did people not see how he absolutely played us off the park in the home fixture last season? Maybe he's the kind of player you don't appreciate unless he's on your side. He'd be an ideal fit for us and not just for his set pieces; he's got so much more to his game.

Couldn’t agree more, he’d be a superb signing. Yes it would increase competition for midfield places but that’s what we want. Have a bad game and there’s a quality player itching to take your place. 

Also we’re undoubtedly aiming for Europe next season for which we’ll need a bigger squad. Better to start that process now than introduce 6-7 new faces next summer and expect them all to integrate immediately. 

I’ll be over the moon if we can pull this one off. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Pretty sure we bossed that 1st half and they got 2 worldie free kicks and a sloppy set piece goal

• Like 2

Â