James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

The source for this story is a good one so I would believe we are interested.

Whether it happens is another thing altogether.

But generally if it gets out that we are interested there is a lot more to it than he is just on a list somewhere. Probaby his agent has been contacted etc.

1 hour ago, Vincenzo said:

I really like Ward Prowse but can’t see the saints selling unless for silly money

Need more a Sander Berge type player in midfield imo

UTV

But what if we sign JWP and Bissouma or Anguissa or Ruben Loftus Cheek?

He’s a quality player add the fact he can play right back also the Gareth Barry comparison earlier was accurate, he does everything good and is unbelievable at set pieces rarely injured 

7 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

The source for this story is a good one so I would believe we are interested.

Whether it happens is another thing altogether.

But generally if it gets out that we are interested there is a lot more to it than he is just on a list somewhere. Probaby his agent has been contacted etc.

If we are interested then I think Sanson, Luiz or McGinn are off. Prob Luiz.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of you are seriously allergic to the idea of a quality squad aren't you?

Jesus Christ sing a new tune.

Then again, I suspect most who post this are younger fans, who have only known us since we've been shite and " poor ".

We used to be a well respected, top European club with quality players throughout or squad you know?

It's possible, you're allowed to have more than one great player in your team, it's not against the rules or anything mate.

Yep. 

Look at the teams we are trying to take over. They've got players on the bench and in the stands that would get into lots of other starting teams. I want ours to look the same. 

• Like 2

Having had to sit in the bloody home end with my Saints chums who got me tickets for that 6-1 years ago (the Mané record-setting hat-trick game) and then suffering the added indignity of having to sit there whilst they did their feckin' lap of honour... I would love this to happen.  I already quite enjoy rubbing Targett in their noses.

• Like 4

Yeah, I hadn’t thought of that but I was focusing on the fact that Man City wouldn’t buy out Luiz...  but that doesn’t stop another club coming in for him. If it was a toss up between Luiz and JWP... I’d probably prefer Luiz as I think his future will be brighter as he’s still only 23 but JWP would still do us very well I think.

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If we are interested then I think Sanson, Luiz or McGinn are off. Prob Luiz.

I wouldn't think so. JWP could be a replacement for Barkley in last season squad. We'd play three of McGinn, Sanson, Luiz, Nak, JWP with Ramsey and Chuk available to step up when needed. 

26 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I wouldn't think so. JWP could be a replacement for Barkley in last season squad. We'd play three of McGinn, Sanson, Luiz, Nak, JWP with Ramsey and Chuk available to step up when needed. 

No chance. Barkley was basically a deep laying striker last season. He had no defensive responsibility and did what he wanted. JWP just isn't that player. 

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Haha reading the article this guy is just making up shit. Seriously Guardian wtf

"Villa are understood [I have no idea but I'll make shit up] to be keen to bolster their midfield and Ward-Prowse’s set-piece prowess, in particular, would boost their attacking armoury.[I've just picked a random player for shits and giggles]"

It does seem very coincidental timing following the comment from Jack about our inability on set pieces. Not convinced on this one the more I think about it but hope to be wrong.

• Like 3

Dan Bardell in the Emi Beundia show (posted in that thread) said he understood the interest in JWP was real.

He was at pains to say he has no idea if it will happen but Dan knows some people at the club and never makes stuff up. Interesting and exciting!

0KS7m3n.gif?noredirect

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Â