Play Off Finals Championship League 1 & League 2

andykeenan

On 07/05/2022 at 03:18, Demitri_C said:

Gotta say that Sunderland fans really do back their team. Incredible they get 49k in league one

When Villa were in the old Division 3 we averaged crowds of 70,000.That was in the days before all seater stadiums.

17 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

When Villa were in the old Division 3 we averaged crowds of 70,000.That was in the days before all seater stadiums.

That was before my time but thats great to hear.

Doubt that would happen these days though

29 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I am afraid that is not correct.  The season Villa got promoted from division 3 they averaged nearly 32,000. Which was still fairly impressive as it was the 13th highest attendance in all of England at the time. We did get over 48,000 in the famous match versus Bournemouth.  Our highest home attendance for a season was in 1949 when we averaged over 47,000 (hopefully this could be updated in a couple of years time). Our highest home attendance ever was 76,588 versus Derby County in the FA Cup in 1946. It could have been higher but some of the old Witton lane was still out of action having got bombed during the war.

If you are interested in that stuff go onto the European football statistics website.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Thanks 1

Wednesday have the best home record in League One this season, averaging more than two goals a game and also have the best defensive home record, so only being 1-0 down should feel they have a good chance.

Wednesday desperate for a goal and the only shot on target they've had is a tame overhead kick that I think pretty much anyone could have saved. Frustrating thing for Wednesday fans must be that Sunderland have been poor and they're not taking advantage, Sunderland weren't that great in the first leg and only scored because of a Wednesday mistake. Wycombe will feel they have a good chance against either of these two teams, was expecting more from Wednesday especially in this home game.

Sheffield Wednesday are not even taking risks its like they are defending a lead. Very poor from them.

They look like they can play for 7 days and wont score. Be suprised if they score. Can see this ending 1-0 Sunderland 

I didn’t watch the first half, but so far Wednesday definitely look like a team defending a lead and not the other way around. 

Obviously its been a long time since I saw them play but old Sunderland would reliably implode at high pressure moments. We shall see if that till holds true in league one. I have faith :)

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

edit: i guess i can watch this game in ESPN. Come on Barry Bannan!

wow, disastrous back pass from Weds. lucky they got away with it.

Ouch NASTY clash of heads.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Â