Play Off Finals Championship League 1 & League 2

andykeenan

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looks a penalty to me, it's inside the box and the defender has come across him. 

It’s soft but I can see why a penalty has been given. The shove in the back wasn’t exactly subtle either.

Refs been pretty good in general for me - he’s let a lot go for both teams but I prefer that to a stop-start game because of a fussy ref.

The big wrong decision is the obvious penalty in the first half for the keeper punching an attacker in the face rather than the ball. I’ll never know why those are so rarely given when any touch on the keeper would be penalised.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Not in a month of sundays unless you’ve seen a replay/angle I haven’t 

I think it's difficult when you've got commentary saying it's not in the box, but every replay to me showed a player in the box being fouled.

The one in the first half with the keeper should definitely have been a pen, but they always get away with those.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

There definitely should be VAR in playoff finals. It's just too important for awful reffing mistakes like that. 

I don't think VAR would have overturned it. It's not a clear error - there's contact. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

There definitely should be VAR in playoff finals. It's just too important for awful reffing mistakes like that. 

You're either pro or anti var. I am the later.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think VAR would have overturned it. It's not a clear error - there's contact. 

From what I've seen you are quite literally the only person of the opinion that it's a pen :D

I called out the refs performance early on and it’s zero surprise he gave them  soft penalty (at best). Perhaps he felt like he was ‘doing it for England’ - and on that, I don’t think a welsh club should have the welsh anthem on pre-game, that said, I question why any national anthem needs to be played for playoff finals.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's difficult when you've got commentary saying it's not in the box, but every replay to me showed a player in the box being fouled.

Ignoring the classic “Harry Kane being cute” by just running across the defender who can’t do anything, this is clearly outside the box:

A74918B1-F137-4476-B424-687E60F46B05.jpeg

Edited by bobzy

2 hours ago, useless said:

Morecambe comfortably second best in both the semi-final and the final, although they did defend well today and am glad to see them promoted.

Yes I know but they were unlucky not to go up automatically so for me justice is done by the 4th place team going up 

• 11 months later...

They start again tomorrow with Wycombe playing MK Dons, Kesler-Hayden obviously will be involved in that one, also potential for Davis to be involved for Forest if he can get fit, and Barry for Swindon if they qualify, and Raikhy for Grimsby if he can get fit and they can qualify. Essentially we could have players involved in all the football league play-offs as well as the play-off for promotion to the football league.

Sunderland v Wednesday should be an interesting one on Friday, in a way will feel like a bigger game than some of Championship play-off games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

They start again tomorrow with Wycombe playing MK Dons, Kesler-Hayden obviously will be involved in that one, also potential for Davis to be involved for Forest if he can get fit, and Barry for Swindon if they qualify, and Raikhy for Grimsby if he can get fit and they can qualify. Essentially we could have players involved in all the football league play-offs as well as the play-off for promotion to the football league.

Sunderland v Wednesday should be an interesting one on Friday, in a way will feel like a bigger game than some of Championship play-off games.

Got a feeling that huddersfield might do it 

From the little I've seen, Huddersfield play good football these days, their manager Corberán was Bielsa's assistant Leeds.

It's boring having the same teams coming up and down, but with them feel it would be slightly different as in style they're quite different from when Wagner was manager, that said would still prefer Forest or Luton to come up.

Sheffield United coming up would be most boring, they play Fulham on the last day whilst Middlesbrough play Preston, so still a chance that Middlesbrough could replace them in the top six.

• Like 2

I read earlier in the week that the Sunderland v Sheffield Wednesday game going to have the biggest ever play-off semi-final attendance over the two legs, which is quite something for a League One game.

Â