Play Off Finals Championship League 1 & League 2

andykeenan

I thought Fulton knew exactly what he was doing tbh

Had a look, changed his angle, and his final stride looked unatural and reaching

He only slipped because his studs were on the Brentford players ankle, not the grass

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Brentford will be straight back down I'm afraid. Swansea.... Ayew should have scored that chance, not good enough .

Dunno - tight knit club. Good team ethos - might be difficult to beat at home.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

Have any of these Brentford players got one Premier League appearance? Will be interesting to see what they can all do.

Toney made two sub cameos for Newcastle in 15/16 apparently.

Not much but they'll probably sign a couple in the summer. Bournemouth came up with similar squad lacking experience in 2015 but they stayed up comfortably that season.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Have any of these Brentford players got one Premier League appearance? Will be interesting to see what they can all do.

to be fair, we weren't too much different. Elmo, Jack, Heaton and possibly Mings. Noone else had played PL.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Toney made two sub cameos for Newcastle in 15/16 apparently.

Not much but they'll probably sign a couple in the summer. Bournemouth came up with similar squad lacking experience in 2015 but they stayed up comfortably that season.

I think the experience thing is overrated. Get better suited footballers! I can see them making a few smart moves and staying up

Just now, ozvillafan said:

to be fair, we weren't too much different. Elmo, Jack, Heaton and possibly Mings. Noone else had played PL.

Yeah I’m not suggesting it’s a bad thing, just curious.

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Brentford will be straight back down I'm afraid. Swansea.... Ayew should have scored that chance, not good enough .

Way too early to make assumptions like this I think.

Brentford have had some of the best recruitment in the country for years and now have a chance to really have a go at things with the prem money. Could bite them because they've primarily worked on small budgets and this is new but you don't know yet.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Way too early to make assumptions like this I think.

Brentford have had some of the best recruitment in the country for years and now have a chance to really have a go at things with the prem money. Could bite them because they've primarily worked on small budgets and this is new but you don't know yet.

I think it says more about the vulgar riches of the PL than it does about Brentford 

The ever increasing gap is shit 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it says more about the vulgar riches of the PL than it does about Brentford 

The ever increasing gap is shit 

Depends on the type of club I think.

Watford hadn't played in premier league for 8 years when they went up in 2015, Bournemouth never going up the same summer. Both stayed up comfortably and indeed neither were in much relegation danger until 19/20 when both squads got a bit stale.

Norwich also went up that summer but came straight back down. Had only been out of the prem a year.

I think yo yo clubs like them, Fulham, West Brom and a few years before Reading and Hull all lack a bit of innovation and just accept their fate pretty much early on. Whereas if you haven't been in top flight either for decades (Leeds) or for 5 years + like I think Wolves when they came up just before we did there's a real hunger especially if you've got a demanding fanbase aswell.

Sheffield united also had that feel, first season in prem in 12 years although ultimately didn't last long.

Anyone could see last summer Leeds were going to be way stronger than Fulham or West Brom with how they played, their manager and general ambition. Finished over 30 points clear of Fulham and West Brom in the end.

I'd actually love a rule where if you got relegated and didn't even get 30 points in the season you were actually banned from getting promoted the next season, I think in a long run that will improve loads of clubs as they'd have to think more long term and shape their squad rather than just relying on parachutes and keeping a bloated squad. We'd have been a total mess in the prem if we'd gone back up in 16/17 with what we'd signed that season for example so would've been a waste of time. At least in 2019 we had the core of a good team with likes of Jack and McGinn.

Watford had the Udinese/Granada ownership to help them out in early days, Wolves with Mendes and ourselves and Leeds are clubs many players want to play for so Brentford will just need to keep doing the stats thing as sure it would scale up to prem.

Whereas likes of West Brom and Norwich don't have a huge amount to offer an ambitious prem footballer so they have to take gambles in signings.

Edited by VillaChris

36 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Targett had played a fair few times for Southampton.

EDIT: Also, Taylor had been a starter for years for Swansea.

In fact, between all of those players, they probably had well over 500 PL appearances, so I don't think it's anything like Toney coming on twice as a sub six years ago at all.

Edited by HanoiVillan

Â