Play Off Finals Championship League 1 & League 2

andykeenan

Congrats to Brentford, nice to see a different team in the PL. They’ve gone about things in the right way and I wish them luck in staying up, apart from when we play them obvs. Much rather see Brentford in the league than the likes of Albion, Stoke, Watford etc... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Brentford will be straight back down I'm afraid. Swansea.... Ayew should have scored that chance, not good enough .

I fancy them to stay up. I think they’ll be like Sheffield United in their first season, tight knight well coached squad who will be well up for it. Any additions to the team have probably been lined up for a while because that’s how Brentford roll, I just can’t see them spunking big money on mercenaries whose agent’s are suddenly interested. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I fancy them to stay up. I think they’ll be like Sheffield United in their first season, tight knight well coached squad who will be well up for it. Any additions to the team have probably been lined up for a while because that’s how Brentford roll, I just can’t see them spunking big money on mercenaries whose agent’s are suddenly interested. 

I hope they do stop up but on todays performance  I just can't see it.  

I think they will do ok but I feel they need to approach the league like Leeds as a we'll score more than you. I would not trust David Raya in the Premier League. 

I fully expect the likes of Mbuemo, Toney, Pinnock and DaSilva to step up well. 

Henry, Jensen, Norgaard, Roerslev and Janelt are all decent players too. 

**** Pontus Jansson though, don't like Canos either although he's another who could possibly do well.

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Neil Critchley done an amazing job there, was Liverpool under 23 boss when we beat their kids 5-0.

Yes he has and Derek Adams has done a great job in turning Morecambe around. They finished 22nd last season. unlucky not not to go up automatically. the 1-0 defeat against Bolton when they had a player send off after the dominating the game changed things, but I think they will do it tomorrow against Newport. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Lincoln seem a strange team, seem to go from playing really well to looking really poor or vice versa all within the same game.

That sounds really familiar for some reason ...

Edited by Lichfield Dean

They could have been a couple of goals up within the first ten minutes, if they'd have kept going whilst they were in the ascendancy they might have put the game beyond Blackpool's reach early on,

Presumably Brennan Johnson will go back to Forest next season, might even be premier league interest, and good chance that Morgan Rogers will go on loan to the championship as well, so will be hard for Lincoln to replicate this season's good form next season.

Edited by useless

Was impressed with Mendes Gomes for Morcambe in the semi-final, he didn't get on the ball a great deal but when he did you could tell he had something about him, and perhaps should be playing at an higher level. Apparently a few championship clubs and Rangers interested in signing him.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Was impressed with Mendes Gomes for Morcambe in the semi-final, he didn't get on the ball a great deal but when he did you could tell he had something about him, and perhaps should be playing at an higher level. Apparently a few championship clubs and Rangers interested in signing him.

Britains Got Talent No GIF by Got Talent Global

How fitting, he’s now just given them a penalty that a) wasn’t a foul and b) occurred outside of the area.

This after not giving Newport a penalty early in the game when the Morecame goalkeeper clean punched a Newport player in the head having missed the ball.

This refereeing performance seriously needs reviewing and questioning, shambolic and going to ruin an entitled seasons work from Newport.

Â