Play Off Finals Championship League 1 & League 2

andykeenan

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am a bit mystified over this Forest love in

I would suspect it's the Lolley/Keinan factor. At least for us lot on this board. Forest the club are as you say, Derby/Leicester with 2 ECs

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am a bit mystified over this Forest love in. Fair enough they have a good history but no doubt they will love to beat us next season.  I think they have the same feelings towards us like Leicester. 

Yeah they may well beat us. Honestly it comes down to respect. I’ve had many great chats with Forest fans, and I’d rather they were in the PL than - for example - Burnley. Good history, a top team who I like to see do well. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am a bit mystified over this Forest love in. Fair enough they have a good history but no doubt they will love to beat us next season.  I think they have the same feelings towards us like Leicester. 

Proper football club with a rich history, with pedigree. Compared to others in the Championship, I’d rather see them come up. Like it’s a great footballing story, new manager comes in and gets them from the relegation places and into the playoff final. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yeah they may well beat us. Honestly it comes down to respect. I’ve had many great chats with Forest fans, and I’d rather they were in the PL than - for example - Burnley. Good history, a top team who I like to see do well. 

Burnley have won more league titles than Forest. Just saying. 

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Maybe so, but Burnley won those long before I was ever on planet earth. Whereas Forest has successes which means I connected with fans who enjoyed those experiences and shared great stories about each other’s teams.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do you mean they feel the same about us as they do Leicester?

If so, hell no.  They really don't like Leicester.

5 hours ago, sne said:

Club should probably be thrown out if a supporter runs onto the pitch and headbutts a opponents player.

Won't happen of course but kinda think it should.

This is the 2nd attack on a player at the City Ground this season though was an opposition fan attacking last time. Throwing out is maybe extreme but a stadium ban for maybe 10 home games is needed for poor security

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I dont think thats true at all. I know a few forest fans and they respect villa and our history like we do them.

They absolutely hate leicester and derby. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Maybe so, but Burnley won those long before I was ever on planet earth. Whereas Forest has successes which means I connected with fans who enjoyed those experiences and shared great stories about each other’s teams.

I prefer Forest to Burnley but I'm nearly 40 and Forest's big success was before I was born. It's been nearly 30 years since they were top flight. I struggle to see them as a big or proper club (whatever that actually means). 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Do you mean they feel the same about us as they do Leicester?

If so, hell no.  They really don't like Leicester.

No. As in Leicester fans don't really like Villa. Or any club in the Midlands. Because we are the biggest, and the best. Well for  most of the time.

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yeah, I don't get it, is it just because Keinan plays for them? 

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

well lets go through the options of teams to root for in the playoffs:

huddersfield/sheff utd - can group together into the same reason...both recently been in the PL and were both pretty shit. unlikely to stick around long

luton - would be somewhat of a fairytale and would be mad to see a ground that small in the PL but lets face it none of us are getting tickets for our game there and realistically they'd be battered and forgotten about fairly quickly

forest - big fanbase which we've not had any needle with (correct me if i'm wrong) and a team that you'd think would make a proper go of it in the PL.

i think the reason (aside from their history) is simply that we'd rather see teams like forest in the PL than teams like bournemouth, fulham, norwich and burnley. i don't think it's a love in per se

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

huddersfield/sheff utd - can group together into the same reason...both recently been in the PL and were both pretty shit. unlikely to stick around long

luton - would be somewhat of a fairytale and would be mad to see a ground that small in the PL but lets face it none of us are getting tickets for our game there and realistically they'd be battered and forgotten about fairly quickly

forest - big fanbase which we've not had any needle with (correct me if i'm wrong) and a team that you'd think would make a proper go of it in the PL.

i think the reason (aside from their history) is simply that we'd rather see teams like forest in the PL than teams like bournemouth, fulham, norwich and burnley. i don't think it's a love in per se

I would say that Norwich and Forest have similar support levels but Forest have a much  more impressive honours board. I would put Derby ahead of both  of them imo in terms of actual support regardless of the shambles they are currently in.

1 hour ago, jim said:

Yeah, I don't get it, is it just because Keinan plays for them? 

partly for me

the other part being i have more interest in forest than i do in fulham, bournemouth, sheffield utd, huddersfield, swansea, baggies, boro, stoke, blackburn etc etc

if it was forest vs luton or PNE or even millwall then my opinion would be different, forest somehow have a fresher feeling about them coming back to the PL than the teams they're playing so im wanting them to do it

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Forest have been champions of Europe though. From my recollection Burnley have not.

I just said to my brother it'll be nice to have someone different back in the Premier League, I'm glad it's Forest/Hudd final.

For some reason I've totally blanked out the fact that Huddersfield were ever in the Premier League. Maybe it's because we were down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

This is where i am - Huddersfield stunk the league out when they got relegated - what was it 16 points, they were worse than us!  They would be Favorites to go straight back down. I hope Forest come up. Have a lot of time for Forest Fans, think there is genuine respect there, they are not bitter like the rest of the Midland teams!  I think they may surprise a few people if they come up.

But as for the teams that got promoted  Fulham , i expect them to go back down, proper yo yo team. Bournemouth will probably stick around  for a couple of years and we wont here the end of "Hawkeye kept you up and  relegated us" off their fans.... Bore off.

Â