Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

482499350_lineup(1).png.b96209052cf0234aa14b020113b2bba0.png

We should start like this imo. 

Or if Sterling needs to play then play Sterling LW, Foden RF and Jack in the middle and bench Sancho.

We have so many good options.

That’s exactly what I’d play. 

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

I would start Philips instead of Rice 

Yeah I'd be pretty happy with either of them tbh. Both very good players. I just don't think we need both of them on the pitch. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

🛎️

The full quote is even more damning

Asked specifically about Sancho being involved in Tuesday's clash with the Czech Republic, Southgate replied: "We've got some explosive options and a lot of them are young players and experiencing a big tournament for the first time.

"So as a coaching staff we are realistic about our expectations of them as individuals.

Sancho has been a regular starter in the Champions League for 3 seasons, and is currently one of th ebest wide players in the world, but Southgate thinks the pressure might be a bit too much. 

I can't even imagine how I'd feel reading that if I were Sancho. He's getting the Grealish treatment, good and proper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Sancho has been a regular starter in the Champions League for 3 seasons, and is currently one of th ebest wide players in the world, but Southgate thinks the pressure might be a bit too much. 

I can't even imagine how I'd feel reading that if I were Sancho. He's getting the Grealish treatment, good and proper.

The more amusing thing is the idea that these players come to the England camp and learn something from him. Yeah, course they do Gareth.

• Like 2

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

The more amusing thing is the idea that these players come to the England camp and learn something from him. Yeah, course they do Gareth.

"Gather rounds, young ones, and let me tell you the things I learnt at Middlesbrough. Middlebrough. It's a football club. No, not anymore, but they did used to be in the Premier League until I took over."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

"Gather rounds, young ones, and let me tell you the things I learnt at Middlesbrough. Middlebrough. It's a football club. No, not anymore, but they did used to be in the Premier League until I took over."

episode 25 GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Picked a player that he doesn't think is ready or can handle the pressure of playing... Putting aside for a minute that that's absolute bollocks... Then why pick him? 

If that's the key factor for him then why didn't he take Lingard? 

He makes it up as he goes along 

• Like 2

Man Utd are going to spend £75m plus on Sancho, Grealish has been linked with £100m+ moves, yet Southgate knows better.

He’s so inconsistent with his bullshit anyway. Phillips has less experience than Sancho, and arguably Bellingham as well, but he still plays.

Southgate is a massive helmet.

• Like 1

How do you gain experience in tournament football if never given a chance?

What experience did philips rice foden mings shaw and co have before this tournament?

What experience did Southgate have to get the Job?

He really is getting on my tits now!  Just pick the players in form and not put square pegs in round holes like you promised Gareth.

Players need to have a showdown with him!

Edited by S-Platt
  • Like 2

So if England crash out of this tournament earlier than what might be acceptable, is Southgate still locked in as manager through the World Cup or will he be replaced?

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

So if England crash out of this tournament earlier than what might be acceptable, is Southgate still locked in as manager through the World Cup or will he be replaced?

I don't think he'll go, they'll point to the solid start we've made in the qualifiers, something about maguire and Henderson being injured, maybe throw kane in too, must do better blah blah maybe something about the shorter cycle 

I'd be amazed if he got sacked 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Southgate himself said anything less than the semi final will be a failure. 

So failure it is and hopefully the end to his tenure as England manager. 

Â