Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Ah. Nevermind. Seems he might have played 90 mins behind closed doors yesterday along with Mings and Chambers 

Says to me he's not seen in that first 11 group though.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Says to me he's not seen in that first 11 group though.

I think it does - yesterday the likes of Buendia, Mings and Chambers would’ve got 80+ minutes under their belt.

If they were there today, they might have only got 20-30mins.

this weekend’s series of friendlies is aimed at getting more minutes into the playing squad - not everyone can play in the prestige fixture though 

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I think it does - yesterday the likes of Buendia, Mings and Chambers would’ve got 80+ minutes under their belt.

this weekend’s series of friendlies is aimed at getting more minutes into the playing squad - not everyone can play in the prestige fixture though 

We're a week out. I'd expect today's set of players to be his intended first 11. Buendia's back to getting cameos, IMO, hopefully I'll be proved wrong shortly. 

What I do find interesting is Ings' place on the bench today instead of going to get minutes in his legs.

Edited by Davkaus

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We're a week out. I'd expect today's set of players to be his intended first 11. Buendia's back to getting cameos, IMO, hopefully I'll be proved wrong shortly. 

What I do find interesting is Ings' place on the bench today instead of going to get minutes in his legs.

we are a week out, hence all relevant players getting sufficient playing time under the belts regardless of opposition.

Maybe SG sees Bailey giving us something different up top so Buendia may indeed start the season on the bench.

Ings played yesterday too - so wouldn’t necessarily need nearly a full game today.

However, with the new 5 subs rule I expect all of our first team players will get decent game time this season. 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Ings played yesterday too - so wouldn’t necessarily need nearly a full game today.

Ah didn't know that, assumed his presence in the squad today meant he'd missed out. Cheers

• Like 1

On 30/07/2022 at 19:33, theboyangel said:

I actually thought to myself, some people might be shocked, and/or pleasantly surprised if the team against Bournemouth has some of the lads who played against Fulham in it.

As someone else pointed out, when you think about it, it was a smart way to get 90 mins into everyone.

• Like 1

He seems to genuinely love being at the club, just hope he gets more game time. One of my biggest reservations about Gerrard is that he's continually choose Coutinho (regardless of form) over Buendia because they're friends and Coutinho's name and reputation. I hope this season is a bit different. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bailey Buendia and Coutinho or BBC as I like to call them. Don't Google that though! (not unless you like BBC) 

I am favouring the BAB line up Buendia Archer Bailey .  A brummie name for a Brummie front 3 

But not as good as the classic Angel and Vassell 2 up front  

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bailey Buendia and Coutinho or BBC as I like to call them. Don't Google that though! (not unless you like BBC) 

After Googling apparently Lexington Steele would be ideal behind the striker?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I am favouring the BAB line up Buendia Archer Bailey .  A brummie name for a Brummie front 3 

But not as good as the classic Angel and Vassell 2 up front  

4-2-3-1 with the front four being

Bailey, Archer, Bailey, Ings - BABI

Â