Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, Icarium said:

Honestly, the fact that an injury like this seems to happen to us every season makes me really question what the hell our medical department is doing.

If you want readers of your post to take it seriously, can you explain why you think Buendia's injury is the fault of Villa's medical department?

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

If you want readers of your post to take it seriously, can you explain why you think Buendia's injury is the fault of Villa's medical department.

Maybe the nutritionist was a bit too eager and clattered into him when she was trying to pass him the yerba mate.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Icarium said:

Honestly, the fact that an injury like this seems to happen to us every season makes me really question what the hell our medical department is doing.

We don't get any more or less injuries than any other team. Injuries happen to every team in every league.

• Like 2

On 06/08/2023 at 23:20, Spoony said:

The divergence of opinions in VT are something to behold. A neutral would have no clue what to think about our squad reading this. 

It depends on what context the opinions are based on.

sometimes folk pick up on criteria that's not being discussed, over what point is being made.....that muddies the waters.

as an example......you can roll out superlatives on a players attacking skills, and then some respondee says, but he can't defend........when his defensive skills are not being raised.

Edited by TRO

We’re going to miss his tenacity and the fact he’s an absolute prick for the opposition. Not having Ashley Young’s shithousery is going to hurt but not having Buendia do that thing he does when he gets fouled and gets in the face of the opposition is going to hurt us too. 

Could the fact he looked a little more muscular in preseason be a contributing factor to the injury? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Icarium said:

I fell off my bike and broke my ankle last month, cannot believe my medical departments reaction when I tried suing them for gross incompetence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe I am seeing patterns where they don't exist, but when 'freak' occurances happen often enough they become a pattern.

Isn't the point of the sport science side of the medical department to look at player work loads and adjust accordingly to reduce injury risk? I would hate to think what our injury list would look like if this is the system working.

6 minutes ago, Icarium said:

Maybe I am seeing patterns where they don't exist, but when 'freak' occurances happen often enough they become a pattern.

Isn't the point of the sport science side of the medical department to look at player work loads and adjust accordingly to reduce injury risk? I would hate to think what our injury list would look like if this is the system working.

Apophenia

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Apophenia

Thanks for this word! Seems abundant here on Villatalk and in life as a whole. This is pretty much why the human race is doomed imo 😅

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It does feel like we get more than our fair share of long injuries to first teamers... but I've never checked the data to see if its actually the case?

Between Kamara, Buendia, Carlos, Ramsey, Moreno... that's 5 in the space of about 12 months. 

They are (or were at the time of their injuries) first 11 names.  If its significantly more then any other club in the PL it does raise some questions... the answer of which isn't necessarily that our medical department are shit.

Although whatever they did to Carlos after he went down injured definitely wasn't helping the injury. Again, not necessarily their fault if Carlos thought he had a cramp or something.

Edited by MrBlack

9 hours ago, Icarium said:

Sport sciences aren’t there to predict when an acute injury may occur. They help prevent, but you can’t prevent when an athletes body will push back.

It can happen to any athlete at any time in their career and it can happen to anyone of us at anytime for the most simple reason.  

Being an elite athlete is about pushing your body to its limits, this is true across most sports, but the body also pushes back when you reach those limits.

On 10/08/2023 at 21:58, Demitri_C said:

If you look at carlos its taken almost a year foe him ti be starting games like he was before injury. I wouls say same with buendia. He ia younger though so that will hopedully help

The knee and achilles are completely different injuries though so not the best comparison. There have been some really good examples of fast recoveries from ACL knee injuries in recent years, ie. within six months. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

A good number on here would blame Brexit probably! 😂

Well, with so many Europeans forced to leave the technical quality of the Sunday League game in question would have gone down, possibly leading to more injuries from old British cloggers. Brexit means clattered ankles!

Â