Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

apparently, he was the only Villa player to play in every single game last season? 

If the medical department had advised he only play 90% of games then he may not have injured his knee.

Damn medical department

On 10/08/2023 at 21:10, spiezels said:

Am gutted.

Huge player for us especially fighting in so many campaigns next season. 

Guys a warrior. 

Sure is but at least we have a few options in this area. 

God forbid if this was Big Emi then our season would be over 

On 10/08/2023 at 13:25, Kiwivillan said:

Now I've had time to think about it Tielemans can't do press like Buendia but Luiz could so Tielemans and Kamara double pivot like you said about Tielemans and Luiz plays further forward as more mobile on the press

Like I said one or the other, Luiz & Kamara start today 

7 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

For anyone wandering why Emi is such a big player for us, watch that back today. 

Nobody was getting into the pockets of space bewteen midfield and attack. 

There was often no out ball, our someone to knit play together. Watkins & Diaby hardly made a run in behind because they were having to come deep to receive passes. 

He's an absolute huge loss to this team. 

Yes totally agreed . Without him there’s no triangle/ quick passing interchange that split defense .. Watkins has not got much to work on today too without Buendia service 

• Like 2

Said it before but we really miss him keeping possession and trying to play through. Grass is always greener but he was an important part of our run last year and we have no one to replace him immediately. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Said it before but we really miss him keeping possession and trying to play through. Grass is always greener but he was an important part of our run last year and we have no one to replace him immediately. 

Yes , there’s isn’t another similar player like him in our squad .. only Coultiho is closed but he’s too injury prone and also lack the terrier like aggression in pressing and energy 

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

This is a lovely gesture by the team, but it does make me think that maybe the injury is worse than we thought 😬 

Whoever is printing these shirts must be making a killing.

44 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

For anyone wandering why Emi is such a big player for us, watch that back today. 

Nobody was getting into the pockets of space bewteen midfield and attack. 

There was often no out ball, our someone to knit play together. Watkins & Diaby hardly made a run in behind because they were having to come deep to receive passes. 

He's an absolute huge loss to this team. 

I’m seriously worried about our build up now tbh. Luiz and kamara playing deep leaves a huge gap between our build up and attack and I don’t think tielemans can fill the gap like Buendia could. 

• Like 3

Â