Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Maybe but we haven’t seen it yet. His best form may only come after a run of consecutive games but he should still look like he has the key attributes. Ramsey, for example, has not been in good form for a while now but you can see that he has the tools to be a top player.I just can’t see it in Emi, despite really wanting him to be great. I think exactly the same is true of Bailey. 

for example the last time he had 2 starts in a row was the last 2 games of last season and before that was February. Hard for players to get form in small cameos

Its probably same for Bailey

• Like 3

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Buendia isn’t really a #10, he played on the right of a 4231 for Norwich. So technically he’s being played out of position, in the limited game time he gets.

Not really. When he's in, we're usually playing the Christmas tree variant of 4-3-3 rather than the diamond, so we have two "#10s" (if you call them that) and he's on the right to start, which is where he likes to be.

Plenty of smaller, diminutive players have excelled in recent years in the PL; David Silva, Mata, Sterling.

Agreed. I don't have a problem with Buendia being "lightweight."

Today’s poor touches smacked of a guy who was trying too hard. It’s understandable, he’s not made back-to-back starts in a long time and he’s desperately trying to prove himself.

I would imagine he will be a big player for our next manager, when that will be is another question.

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Question is, whether he's had a good game for us or a bad game, has he ever really looked worthy of that price tag for us? 

before we signed coutinho he was hitting his stride and looking like he had settled in ready to deliver, and then bam, ****. ever since has never had the same run of games regardless of form that other players have had

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rodders said:

before we signed coutinho he was hitting his stride and looking like he had settled in ready to deliver, and then bam, ****. ever since has never had the same run of games regardless of form that other players have had

Exactly. First everyone thought he was garbage, then people were saying that he was the best player on the team, now people are saying that he's garbage again. The truth is somewhere in between, but in the right system, I still believe that he will be closer to best than to garbage

Truth is that you can't have Buendia and Coutinho in the same team. I know there's some arguments for it - but there's just too samey.

Makes it more the ridiculous that 1) Gerrard paid all this money for Coutinho to come in and then 2) Somehow continue shoehorning them in when our results with the pair of them are horrible.

At the start of last season after joining he didnt seem Premier League fit.He looked knackered at half time.The more he playedand fitness got up the better he looked.Then the Stevie=Phil show arrived and game time diminished.Hard to be match fit when not playing regularly. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

At the start of last season after joining he didnt seem Premier League fit.He looked knackered at half time.The more he playedand fitness got up the better he looked.Then the Stevie=Phil show arrived and game time diminished.Hard to be match fit when not playing regularly. 

Pretty much it. He didn't look so good when he first came (got injured in preseason IIRC), then got a head of steam from consistent starts and became our best player. Best form ironically was the early period in Gerrard's reign before he signed his buddy. We were playing some sexy football too around that time as well.

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Pretty much it. He didn't look so good when he first came (got injured in preseason IIRC), then got a head of steam from consistent starts and became our best player. Best form ironically was the early period in Gerrard's reign before he signed his buddy. We were playing some sexy football too around that time as well.

Yeah,the Man U 2-2 was an example.I put the game on in the 1st half and wee Emi and Sanson were passing and moving around the midfield with ease.Sanson gave the ball away,Phil came on and I don't think we've seen that combination since.

• Like 1

What players perform consistently brilliant in the Premier league when they're out the team all the time. 

I think we forget how often he was dropped last year after a good game. Remember one poster defending Gerrard doing this as some sort of genius man management. 

Â