Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

I think when all the players get a full pre season together with a properly balanced midfield 3 we'll see ways that Coutinho and Buendia can play together. The problem right now is naturally they are occupying the same positions when playing narrow 10s. That can be worked on in pre season. 

Also I think when Coutinho is signed permanently we'll see a bit more rotation at times. Couts off bench is big impact sub as is Buendia

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AV82 said:

As others have said we should be building our team around Buendia, not relegating him to the bench. If we're to persist with 2 up top I hope Gerrard can come to his senses and try Buendia as an 8.

We just need our attacking players to learn movement. It's the hardest part of the game to coach. Positional rotation. You look at the top teams and where they start on the pitch isn't what happens. Look at Kane and Son or Liverpools front 3 does it matter where they start on the pitch in the lineup. 

Coutinho + Buendia in same team requires an in form lethal finisher as CF. It requires a brilliant CDM to allow excellent finishers in Ramsey and McGinn to make bursting runs forward. If Buendia is dropping deep to get the ball and they are running past him, Coutinho drifting left etc..

I think Gerrard has said to Buendia, I know you are one of the best players here, you continue to impress when you're on the pitch and 100% you're a key part of the plans for next season. The two 10s system has been worked out by packing the midfield and our attacking play isn't good enough atm to beat it. Also we carry our best goal threat with Ings/Watkins together. Plus I need to give Bailey a chance to see where he fits into next seasons plans.

I am 100% certain Gerrard sees Watkins, Coutinho and Buendia as the cemented places in squad for next seasons attack

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We just need our attacking players to learn movement. It's the hardest part of the game to coach. Positional rotation. You look at the top teams and where they start on the pitch isn't what happens. Look at Kane and Son or Liverpools front 3 does it matter where they start on the pitch in the lineup. 

Coutinho + Buendia in same team requires an in form lethal finisher as CF. It requires a brilliant CDM to allow excellent finishers in Ramsey and McGinn to make bursting runs forward. If Buendia is dropping deep to get the ball and they are running past him, Coutinho drifting left etc..

I think Gerrard has said to Buendia, I know you are one of the best players here, you continue to impress when you're on the pitch and 100% you're a key part of the plans for next season. The two 10s system has been worked out by packing the midfield and our attacking play isn't good enough atm to beat it. Also we carry our best goal threat with Ings/Watkins together. Plus I need to give Bailey a chance to see where he fits into next seasons plans.

I am 100% certain Gerrard sees Watkins, Coutinho and Buendia as the cemented places in squad for next seasons attack

Why can’t Buendia play as an 8? He can defend and press as well as Ramsey/McGinn without a doubt.

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Difficult to make a case for Coutinho over him tbh. 

Said that in a match thread not long back and got my head ripped off. 

I'm not sure investing in coutinho is wise when we've got this kid. 

• Like 4

He is such an intelligent player. Even for the third goal, he was the one that switched the play to the left. And in the final third, with someone making intelligent runs like Ings, he is just so dangerous.

Edited by Tom13

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Great game for him today, shame so many are using it as stick to beat Coutinho with, it’s like people are allergic to having a good squad.

Not at all. But coutinho is not signing for us to be a squad player. And £40 million and his wages at 29 years old would be am insane investment to have him as one. 

Honestly, he's **** class.

The abuse he got at the start of the season and the disrespect [it appears] he's been shown by Gerrard in recent weeks since Coutinho joined. (and by some fans at the start of the season) have been well and truly shown to be ridiculous.

What a player. I'm so glad we have him in Claret & Blue

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not at all. But coutinho is not signing for us to be a squad player. And £40 million and his wages at 29 years old would be am insane investment to have him as one. 

It's £33m, I see your point but let's not inflate the price by nearly 20%

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Difficult to make a case for Coutinho over him tbh. 

we quite simply need to find a way to have them both in the team, for me, the two of them are our best 2 players, by a fair margin.

For me, the front 3 needs to be Coutinho, Ings & Buendia, in some form or way.

Or....maybe even Buendia in the midfield 3 somehow.

But regardless, both Couts and Emi need to play.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yep - build the team around Buendia.

Nah man - don't build around any one player again - we don't want to find ourselves in that Grealish situation again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Honestly, he's **** class.

The abuse he got at the start of the season and the disrespect [it appears] he's been shown by Gerrard in recent weeks since Coutinho joined. (and by some fans at the start of the season) have been well and truly shown to be ridiculous.

What a player. I'm so glad we have him in Claret & Blue

The same fans that were disrespecting him beginning of the season are the ones screaming for him to start now.

Â