FA Youth Cup Final vs Liverpool (24th May 19:45)

lexicon

Really excited for this - the kids must have really been buoyed by seeing a couple of their peers making their debuts and looking good. Really sends a good message to them before Monday night. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Are we underdogs?

Surely not. We've dominated this tournament. 

I only watched the highlights of Liverpool v Ipswich, but their players look a lot physically smaller than ours. 

It's hard to judge the oppostion in this tournament, because we're playing teams that play in the U18 league whereas our team is pretty much our U23 team. In previous rounds we've comfortably beat Premier League U18 sides Reading, Brighton, Newcastle, and West Brom, West Brom was probably the most impressive win because like us a lot of their team has U23 experience and they're a very physically strong team which we coped very well with, we also fielded our U23/Youth Cup team against them in the U18 league and put six goals past them whilst playing most of the game with ten men and a defender in goal.

I'd say we're probably favorites, but Liverpool have players capable of causing our defence problems, so we have to make sure we take our chances.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Liverpool will try and field their first team for this knowing them.

:trollface:

Along those lines - which ringers can they throw in? Elliot for example could come back from his loan but I'm guessing can't play, I think the youngsters in defence that are with the 1st team are all a year too old but I wouldnt put it past them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Along those lines - which ringers can they throw in? Elliot for example could come back from his loan but I'm guessing can't play, I think the youngsters in defence that are with the 1st team are all a year too old but I wouldnt put it past them 

Didn’t Chelsea try that in the next generation final with loftus cheek? 

Anyone else struggling with the tickets? I'm trying to buy 2 where there is a row of 5 available but when I go in to select 2 seats it's selecting all 5.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

Anyone else struggling with the tickets? I'm trying to buy 2 where there is a row of 5 available but when I go in to select 2 seats it's selecting all 5.

I think they’ve distanced groups of seats for different sized groups. For that reason they don’t want a single or two fans occupying seats meant for three or more fans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AV82 said:

I had the same yesterday. I found that the way round it was by clicking ‘select best available’ rather than ‘select seat’

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Liverpool will try and field their first team for this knowing them.

:trollface:

Sure they already struggled against these lads this season 😉

• Like 1

Â