FA Youth Cup Final vs Liverpool (24th May 19:45)

lexicon

5 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Can anyone with knowledge of youth football tell me how the teams match up? 

Are Liverpool favourites? 2 evenly matched teams? 

I think that this gives us a good appraisal (from the front page):

On 19/05/2021 at 22:08, useless said:

It's hard to judge the oppostion in this tournament, because we're playing teams that play in the U18 league whereas our team is pretty much our U23 team. In previous rounds we've comfortably beat Premier League U18 sides Reading, Brighton, Newcastle, and West Brom, West Brom was probably the most impressive win because like us a lot of their team has U23 experience and they're a very physically strong team which we coped very well with, we also fielded our U23/Youth Cup team against them in the U18 league and put six goals past them whilst playing most of the game with ten men and a defender in goal.

I'd say we're probably favorites, but Liverpool have players capable of causing our defence problems, so we have to make sure we take our chances.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

Aaron Ramsey is the new James Milner - breaks his ankle against WBA, shrugs it off as a 'knock', and plays on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

How much of a prospect is Brad Young? Don’t often hear him talked about alongside Barry, Carney etc but just watching the Youth Cup goals and he bagged a fair few.

From what I've watched he holds the ball up well and makes clever runs. Scores and assists well.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm bizarrely nervous about this game.

And me but I think it's a great thing 

In a relaxed season for the first team it's good to get those jitters for the last game of the year again 

Think this has more of a proud moment element to it than say the playoff finals or the relegation game or league Cup final, I want them to win it for them not for me 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And me but I think it's a great thing 

In a relaxed season for the first team it's good to get those jitters for the last game of the year again 

Think this has more of a proud moment element to it than say the playoff finals or the relegation game or league Cup final, I want them to win it for them not for me 

Oh it's definitely a good thing. I think I'm slightly protective of them. I really want the best for them and I guess I'm nervous of the very remote chance that they go out and get mullered by big bad Liverpool, but I know they won't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'm bizarrely nervous about this game.

Me too. I think it’s that the online accessibility is so much greater than it has ever been so I’ve watched so much of them this season. They’re such a good team, for large parts of 2021 they were far more fun to watch than the first team. I really want it for them and it would be a delightful end to the season for the club as a whole. I hope to see some first teamers supporting them. 
I just hope they get loads of love no matter what the score.

You could argue that it's most important game for Aston Villa as a club this season, other contender is probably the women's last game of the season but they weren't entirely dependent on getting a result in that game in order to survive. Just have to remember that if we do lose, and Liverpool are a good team and have beaten some other very good teams to get here, it's not the end of the world, doesn't take away from the promise that a lot of our youngsters have.

It's one of those that will be brilliant to win, a shame to lose but not a disaster.

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I slightly worry that having thousands in the ground could be a disadvantage tonight. 

I'd be hopeful those in attendance will be behind the lads no matter what. 

Really looking forward to this one now. 

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Repeating the above, for anyone who does not know, that this match will be televised on BT Sport 1.

Available on ESPN+ for those stateside. 

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Me too. Even thinking of signing up for a month of BT Sport just to watch it in HD!

If your on EE or no anyone that is then text Sport to 150 off EE Device to get 3 months free BT Sports. 

You can login with 2 accounts simultaneously if a mate dose it. 

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

If your on EE or no anyone that is then text Sport to 150 off EE Device to get 3 months free BT Sports. 

You can login with 2 accounts simultaneously if a mate dose it. 

A legend is born 

• Haha 1

Â