Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

Just now, StewieGriffin said:

Really surprised Kesler wasnt on the bench ahead of Elmo. We aren't going to make Europe or plummet into 13th, so give a couple of them an opportunity. Hopefully Carney or JPB get 10 mins.

Dreadful half of football 

FA Youth Cup Semi tomorrow, no chance we see Chukwuemeka or that Kesler would be on the bench imo.

It seems that you do not have to even touch anyone anymore toget fouls, Atkinson's got that one massively wrong that gave Everton a free kick outside the box.

Then you have Traore, while he may of gone down abit easy he also was sarnied by three Everton players and had no where to good.

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve got no problem with players getting booked for diving but it does seem to be just Villa players getting punished. Fernandez or Salah and it’s a penalty.

Or a free kick if you're Richarlison 10 minutes earlier...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Davis really isn't the problem here

He’s certainly not the answer. Simple passes wrong repeatedly. The whole of this front four is pretty toothless in reality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

Everton are dismal. I dont think its any great shakes to be in the top 8 this season, so many average sides 

No reason we can't have a bloody good go at top 6 next year with the right signings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

We've edged a below average half of football there.

Targett and McGinn good

Keinan blocking Cash shot and falling over my highlight of the half.

Excellent defensive duty from Davis, Everton should sign him up lol.

It’s got an end of season, nothing to play for feel to it. We’ve not been troubled by Everton and the game is there for the taking, but we need to sharpen up. Too many mistakes and not enough movement. Sort it out Villa!

• Like 2

It wasn’t that bad of a first half, just read some of the comments.

We are lacking in the final third which simply highlights the need for another two wide forwards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Davis really isn't the problem here

To be fair he hasn’t been the solution yet either.  We need to get him more service and he needs to make more movement...you can really see the difference in movement between him and Ollie.  We really though need to give him more service.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Everton are dismal. I dont think its any great shakes to be in the top 8 this season, so many average sides 

They lack any form of creativity. a very dour side who grind out results away from home 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I bet the TV guys are so happy there's people outside Old Trafford, anything other than talking about that snore-fest.

Yes the colourful smoke bombs were the most exciting thing to see.