FA Youth Cup Semi-Final vs West Brom (14th May 18:00)

OutByEaster?

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That wiki page makes for depressing reading, not just the villa vs Chelsea game I flicked through some of the other games too and me saying that at least 3 will make it maybe 2 or 3 more as well it would buck the trend

So many players that play this final, win this final and then disappear 

What Chelsea did to youth football over the last decade is embarrassing, absolutely dominated it and yet no one really broke through and stuck in there 

In the last 5 or 6 years they have though with Tammy Abraham, Mount, Tomori, James, Hudson Odoi and a good few others who are Premier League players now.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would be an inspiration to thousands of 3rd generation Sikh kids if he made it. 

Amazing to think he would be the first. I would be thrilled to see him thrive with us. I like his confidence, doesn't shy away from the ball and knows instantly what he wants to do when he receives it.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm fairly confident these lads will end up having better careers than the team that played the 2010 final. Derrick Williams is surely enjoying life in LA though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Youth_Cup_Finals_of_the_2010s#2009–10:_Chelsea_vs_Aston_Villa_(1–1_and_2–1,_3–2_aggregate)

A Young Kevin Friend refed that game 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

In the last 5 or 6 years they have though with Tammy Abraham, Mount, Tomori, James, Hudson Odoi and a good few others who are Premier League players now.

I saw lampard gave 8 of them debuts

Before that there was Christiansen and Loftus cheek who are still there, Bertrand played a bit, Ake a little bit too

From the next gen game vs us it's only Christiansen and RLC that kicked a ball for the first team, same with the 13/14 u19s CL, Tomori and Abraham played in the 14/15 final 

18 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Raikhy has a real chance . Brilliant presser good awareness. Great tackler . And to top it off a fantastic passer of the ball. Physically imposing as well . 

He's really impressed me every time I've seen him. Tenacious and beautiful distribution. Exactly the type of player we need in the first team. Fingers crossed for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I saw lampard gave 8 of them debuts

Before that there was Christiansen and Loftus cheek who are still there, Bertrand played a bit, Ake a little bit too

From the next gen game vs us it's only Christiansen and RLC that kicked a ball for the first team, same with the 13/14 u19s CL, Tomori and Abraham played in the 14/15 final 

Lucas Piazon made 1 appearance for them in his 10 year stint at the club too, only left this season. Tamas Kalas made 2 for them in his time there between 2009-2019. 

They must have made a small fortune on loan fees down the years.

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Probably none as it is not a elite level game.

They had a crowd for the one against Chelsea a whole back. Still remember that cocky little prick celebrating at the Holte. 

34 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He's really impressed me every time I've seen him. Tenacious and beautiful distribution. Exactly the type of player we need in the first team. Fingers crossed for him.

Yes, the range and accuracy of his passing is mint. Hope he makes it with us eventually. Brummie lad? 

Gutted, arrived home at 6pm intending to watch but naturally got distracted with my kids and missed it, but can’t find any decent highlights other than the goals.

Great goals from us though! The future is bright

Edited by thunderball

I believe the full game will be available Saturday on club site. 

I've seen Sat May 29 ok 7.00 for the Final - not sure how accurate that is.

Anyone else reminded of a great Villa centre half from the mid 70's when they see Swinkels ?

Edited by SirSteveUK
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Anyone else reminded of a great Villa centre half from the mid 70's when they see Swinkels ?

I am a bit young to remember but Swinkels seems genuinely 2 footed. Left and right footed 40 yard passes found their target nearly every time 

25 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Wheres the final being played?

32 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Club has a mess to sort out there, we’re due to host the Champions League Final same day

edit: just seen it’s been moved to Portugal. That joke went over like a lead balloon

Edited by MNVillan
  • Like 1