Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/21 at 22:59

The quick ball over the top from defense with Ollie running Everton ragged  was the secret to this win , they had to sit deeper and we then had more time on the ball in the middle. 

• Like 4

That was the Villa up to New Year. Absolutely fantastic tonight. Watkins is some player - the running he gets through. Big shout out to Targett who was fantastic yet again - my player of the season. Also, Barkley was quality - quality on the ball, no sign of rustiness/clumsiness and more physical. 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That's wrong. He beat about 5 men in the 2nd half. Was at the centre of all our best passing moves. Was key in keeping possession when we were under pressure as he made lots of good passes as they pressed him tightly. Showed for the ball which most of our players don't normally do. 

1st half all of our attacks broke down through him losing the ball or miscontrolling it. 2nd half was better but his limited ability showed in general play. What a goal and pleased for him regardless.

11 minutes ago, vreitti said:

That might be, but he constantly showed up for the ball and also got stuck in, more than ever before. 

He had a good game by his standards. And he offered more than someone like ramsey would have. But he wasn't all that good. And we still desperately need either a new CAM (or preferably winger so we can play Jack on the middle) in the summer 

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

The quick ball over the top from defense with Ollie running Everton ragged  was the secret to this win , they had to sit deeper and we then had more time on the ball in the middle. 

That reminds me of the 7-2 v Liverpool !  : >

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

He had a good game by his standards. And he offered more than someone like ramsey would have. But he wasn't all that good. And we still desperately need either a new CAM (or preferably winger so we can play Jack on the middle) in the summer 

Why would we need a new winger when we have el ghazi? 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

Not understanding the criticism McGinn is getting tonight. We were deserved winners tonight and every player played their part. 

For me personally,  he gave the ball away too much again and he's been doing that a lot recently. Always gives 100% granted but his quality is awful currently

• Like 3

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Yeah I'm not advocating we sign him permanently. Then again, if he keeps this up in the remaining games... 

4 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Not understanding the criticism McGinn is getting tonight. We were deserved winners tonight and every player played their part. 

Agreed everyone put a decent shift in tonight. Even Barkley played well 

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

For me personally,  he gave the ball away too much again and he's been doing that a lot recently. Always gives 100% granted but his quality is awful currently

1st half looked like mcginn of old, was brilliant and dont think he gave it away once, 2nd half wasteful again far too often

That was bloody fantastic. Played some great stuff, especially in the first half. Some great movement.

Well deserved win. Everton were lucky not to have shipped more goals. Watkins MOM but they all played their part.

• Like 3

A real spread of big performances tonight with fierce competition for 2nd place in the man of the match rankings. Watkins is looking so sharp and intelligent out there in addition to running his legs off, just tremendous. He's scored a fair few goals this season from capitalising on errors, but his movement and alertness causes so much nervousness in defenders and goalkeepers you can't  put it all down to luck

Not content with scoring a great winner to take the points in a tremendous match, El Ghazi also committed a foul then acted like he'd been shot dead in the process despite there being no meaningful contact at all from Allan. Deliciously satirical. I wonder if anyone else caught that reference

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

The mind boggles 

Ok.....this is what I meant.....compared to our first half (lots of attacking, chances, good keeping by Pickford, hitting the woodwork)....we really weren't too good 2nd half and the goal came out of the blue.

• Haha 2

Â