Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/21 at 22:59

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Ok.....this is what I meant.....compared to our first half (lots of attacking, chances, good keeping by Pickford, hitting the woodwork)....we really weren't too good 2nd half and the goal came out of the blue.

We contained Everton pretty effectively in the second half and took a good counterattacking chance. That’s how you actually get results rather than just putting in a good “performance”.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Ok.....this is what I meant.....compared to our first half (lots of attacking, chances, good keeping by Pickford, hitting the woodwork)....we really weren't too good 2nd half and the goal came out of the blue.

I just didn't see it that way, Everton huffed and puffed but offered next to nothing offensively and defensively they looked shocking.  If Jack had played it could , as others have pointed out,  another Liverpool type result. 

We all see the game differently. 

Just now, tinker said:

I just didn't see it that way, Everton huffed and puffed but offered next to nothing offensively and defensively they looked shocking.  If Jack had played it could , as others have pointed out,  another Liverpool type result. 

We all see the game differently

Indeed we do

7 minutes ago, Osirus said:

My Bluenose uncle walked through the door as we scored the first, and left just after the Ghazi goal 

**** LOVELY STUFF 

It’s the little things.....😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Simply our best performance of 2021. First half we should've scored 3-4 goals, second half had more of a feel of happy with a point but Everton didn't create much at all despite us sitting back more.

Excellent win. Ollie MOTM and Traore was very very good aswell for the most part.

Makes the last few weeks a bit more interesting. Play like that and I reckon we have two more wins in us.

Edited by VillaChris

Since being promoted we’ve played well in all 3 games against Everton and I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but Andre Gomes has been dogshit in each one.

Fingers crossed the trend continues in a couple of weeks 

• Like 1

McGinn had some great moments, as did Luiz, but both also played some shocking football at times. I understand the way we’re set up can be risk reward with the fast passing and triangle stuff but you need to be better in the middle of the park.

Ref can do one too. Far too lenient with cards towards the Everton lot and IMO too harsh with us.

Ross MOTM for me. Everything went through him today and he hardly put a foot wrong. Deserved a goal (bloody post!)

11 minutes ago, Osirus said:

My Bluenose uncle walked through the door as we scored the first, and left just after the Ghazi goal 

**** LOVELY STUFF 

You’re going to reassure us this was consistent with current rules on social distancing/household gathering of course.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Brilliant performance etc etc. but did anyone else think Konsa was poor tonight? 

Not really but even if he was and I missed it so what, he has been brilliant all season no player can be faultless every game, and he has been brilliant all season why highlight the one game when his high standards may have slipped ? Are you outstanding at work every day ?

Â