Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/21 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Shows the players ARE good enough so the chestnut that aint is a myth.

A very pleasing performance. Superbt play.

I actually had barkley as motm. He was excellent.

They are all good enough on there day. The problem we don't have enough who can play well week in week out.

Bit mote like the old slick Villa that was dominating teams early in the season ... should have won that more comfortably but Pickford with a couple of decent saves kept them in it .. Everton were poor for a team that not long ago had dreams of Champions league .

Next time I bemoan having Traore in our team , I shall just thank  my lucky stars we don’t have Iwobi instead .... Tbf Traore had some cracking skills today but he needs to do a bit more with his all round contribution to be deemed worthy of a starting place next season ... likewise El Ghazi to be honest.

gave MOTM to Barkley as to be honest I thought he was done at the club , today he put a shift in and showed he cared.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Was he more riled up than usual because it was Everton?

If he was, we need to get a piece of 2x4 paint it blue, put Pickford’s face on it and smack him in the face with it before he goes out every week.

Great result , energy and performance. DS too late with his subs, Luiz should have been taken off with at least 30 mins to go and Traore was starting to flag but played well.

That aside it’s quite clear that the MOM was Pickford and the woodwork...

Only Joking, Ollie is the main man, superb display bossing the toffees defence 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Barkley wasn't involved in any of our good chances. I didn't see him for the last 20 minutes of the game. 

Yeh he faded out the game but I think he was picking the ball up and moving it around well all game. It created space for other. You need someone with the confidence to keep it ticking over in a tight situations and I think he did that well today. He wasn’t amazing, but you could see his quality. 

• Like 2

Great win-unbeaten in the last 3 versus the toffees?  Yes you can say El Ghazi has limitations but he has scored some important goals for us and is a good lad.

This won't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things but its great to get 3 points again and puts us in a solid position for a top 10 finish, which would be  a very good season.

• Like 1

When our wide players play like that we look a top 8 side easy, they both were quality tonight just behind Ollie who set the tone...

There's nothing better than 3 points, other than 3 points and a great performance.. UTFV 👊

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Barkley wasn't involved in any of our good chances. I didn't see him for the last 20 minutes of the game. 

That might be, but he constantly showed up for the ball and also got stuck in, more than ever before. 

• Like 3

Â