Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/21 at 22:59

19 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Since being promoted we’ve played well in all 3 games against Everton and I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but Andre Gomes has been dogshit in each one.

Fingers crossed the trend continues in a couple of weeks 

Maybe we're to Everton what Brentford used to be to us?

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, I agree TRO. I don’t get why we have continually been poor at set pieces - both taking and scoring from them. Mings should be getting more goals too. He’s not really much of a threat from corners but should be, he needs to get some pointers from Laursen! Oh and FFS can you mark the opposition’s main striker and/or tallest player Ty? Not McGinn or Barkley!!

It’s an area that needs rectifying/strengthening. We’ve always failed to take advantage from all the fouls Jack wins too - it’s something we should be exploiting.

Also, all of our CMs are too short & can be easily overpowered - McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba & Sanson. We could do with a tall & physical presence that has quality on the ball too. Koopmeiners?

been saying it for yonks.....but, I think Sanson is a 6 footer.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Usually when I read fan forums there are a certain few that completely say they hate us, yet I did not see any of that with the Everton forum. In fact if anything it was more admiration for our team from Toffee fans towards our players.

The ratings they gave there players though, let's just say they didn't score past 3.0 out of 10.0 and the hate towards a few of them, it was also like they had the Bruce problem with how much they wanted there manager gone lol.

Its all about consistency Dave.....That goal from El Ghazi was like something Cantona would score, but his other work was meh.....Traore can do things, that can make you purr, but he gives the bal away too.

Its consistency that is key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Toffee fans on last night's game if anyone wants a listen to what they thought.

These lads say Barkley and Mcginn would improve there team.

its funny how we all see games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its all about consistency Dave.....That goal from El Ghazi was like something Cantona would score, but his other work was meh.....Traore can do things, that can make you purr, but he gives the bal away too.

Its consistency that is key.

You should come join us in the Ghazi section and give your view I would love to read it mate..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

was it a shot you reckon?! 

much like his first goal for us, against Bristol....... if it had of gone in.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

been saying it for yonks.....but, I think Sanson is a 6 footer.

Na he’s 5’9”.

But we haven’t really got any imposing or tough players in the side, other than Mings. Maybe Wesley could help in that sense if he could use his stature more rather than be as soft as he has been in the past.

No one in MF anyway. I think we should shift Nakamba (too limited) n get the kind of player we are on about in his place.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Na he’s 5’9”.

But we haven’t really got any imposing or tough players in the side, other than Mings. Maybe Wesley could help in that sense if he could use his stature more rather than be as soft as he has been in the past.

No one in MF anyway. I think we should shift Nakamba (too limited) n get the kind of player we are on about in his place.

Yes we dont need to replace McGinn or Luiz. We need an upgrade on Nakamba

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Thanks for this mate. Is there a version in English!?

No problem, there may be subtitles for it somewhere.

• Haha 1

That was a lovely game of football to watch, not mired with the trammelled controversies of VAR one iota. Before the game, BT effectively saying we had nothing to play for any more, maybe that was our pre-match team talk all sorted. Considering he was being fouled (shirt pulling is still a foul, right?) by Holgate, our Ollie showed fantastic persistence, strength and quality to get his shot away and into the net for our opener. Hat off to the young man. 

I was surprised with how quickly Everton were able to equalise. And in that, I mean that our defence has been heralded across a plethora of pundits this season as being consistent and strong. The surprise for me was seeing how 'easy' it seemed for Everton to get a chance from that corner and bury it seemingly unchallenged. But 1-1 it was and we didn't fold, which was nice. 

Some lovely skill from Traore, a 'vintage' Barclay (;)) performance, and Cash back in the side and playing how we've come to expect him to. Chances aplenty... Watkins maybe on the cards for a hat-trick, El Ghazi hitting the bar from close range, and Barkley hitting the post. We could have had several in that first half. 

In the second half, I thought we rode the Everton storm at times and I did feel that we might have needed to change things to try and disrupt Everton's flow. But I think in the end, they disrupted themselves a bit. We kept on going and with a fine cross field pass from Traore, El Ghazi scored a super, well placed shot beyond Pickford to score the winner. It's not often the Villa of 2021 have been able to get me up out of my chair, but Anwar's magical moment certainly did that - very pleased for him. 

Very pleased for the whole team and the coaching staff. It's been a good weekend. More of the same please Villa... we've missed you. 

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 1

On 04/05/2021 at 09:15, Raver50032 said:

That was a lovely game of football to watch, not mired with the trammelled controversies of VAR one iota. Before the game, BT effectively saying we had nothing to play for any more, maybe that was our pre-match team talk all sorted. Considering he was being fouled (shirt pulling is still a foul, right?) by Holgate, our Ollie showed fantastic persistence, strength and quality to get his shot away and into the net for our opener. Hat off to the young man. 

I was surprised with how quickly Everton were able to equalise. And in that, I mean that our defence has been heralded across a plethora of pundits this season as being consistent and strong. The surprise for me was seeing how 'easy' it seemed for Everton to get a chance from that corner and bury it seemingly unchallenged. But 1-1 it was and we didn't fold, which was nice. 

Some lovely skill from Traore, a 'vintage' Barclay (;)) performance, and Cash back in the side and playing how we've come to expect him to. Chances aplenty... Watkins maybe on the cards for a hat-trick, El Ghazi hitting the bar from close range, and Barkley hitting the post. We could have had several in that first half. 

In the second half, I thought we rode the Everton storm at times and I did feel that we might have needed to change things to try and disrupt Everton's flow. But I think in the end, they disrupted themselves a bit. We kept on going and with a fine cross field pass from Traore, El Ghazi scored a super, well placed shot beyond Pickford to score the winner. It's not often the Villa of 2021 have been able to get me up out of my chair, but Anwar's magical moment certainly did that - very pleased for him. 

Very pleased for the whole team and the coaching staff. It's been a good weekend. More of the same please Villa... we've missed you. 

good post.

however, back post in the air.....is something to work on.

when we can find space for ourselves, we are majestic at times.

Ollies turnover, was the apple of my eye......sorry for the pun.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â