Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/21 at 22:59

49 minutes ago, robby b said:

I just discovered an interesting stat, according to Sky Sports no team has hit the woodwork in the PL this season more times than us! 20 times!

So close 20 times! :s

Just goes to show had we taken the  'easy' chances we've had we could have been higher. Plus 20 times hit the woodwork. I don't understand why people think this season has been a failure. 

Youngest squad ,next season another season of experience they'll get stronger, fitter and better again.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Just goes to show had we taken the  'easy' chances we've had we could have been higher. Plus 20 times hit the woodwork. I don't understand why people think this season has been a failure. 

Youngest squad ,next season another season of experience they'll get stronger, fitter and better again.

This season has most definitely not been a failure.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, robby b said:

I just discovered an interesting stat, according to Sky Sports no team has hit the woodwork in the PL this season more times than us! 20 times!

So close 20 times! :s

I’ve felt like every match we’ve hit the frame.

Thanks for the stat, it eliminates one of the reasons I could be losing my mind.

Only one issue, woke up this morning to find my bet on the Villa to win was actually put on Columbus to beat Montreal, which they did’nt.

alcohol and gambling, just say no

• Haha 1

Again this shows we are a bigger threat coming through the middle, than our normal down the the wing and telegraph cross to the loan target man. IMO I love to see the ball crossed from wide as long as there is more then one target

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tinker said:

I just didn't see it that way, Everton huffed and puffed but offered next to nothing offensively and defensively they looked shocking.  If Jack had played it could , as others have pointed out,  another Liverpool type result. 

We all see the game differently. 

Everton had more shots than us, which surprised me as it felt like we had twice their chances.

I thought we played like Barcelona or PSG 🤣🤣. Missed a few sitters in the first half , just kept hitting the post and bar.

I was thinking where is Sanson?

On reflection, that was some performance last night against a very good team and probably our best performance this calendar year perhaps?

We played some lovely stuff at times.  My only concern/negative was a few easy balls over the top caught us out, especially in the second half. Konsa and Mings are usually very good with these but felt they missed a few, causing us to face our own goal.

Offensively though we were bloody good.  No fear, loads of good chances created, especially first half and a lovely second goal.

Hard to single out one individual but Watkins, Cash, Barkley, and Traore had very good games indeed.

Continue with a ‘no fear’ mentality until the end of the season and perhaps we can look at achieving 60 points, which would be fantastic.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, smg said:

Not really but even if he was and I missed it so what, he has been brilliant all season no player can be faultless every game, and he has been brilliant all season why highlight the one game when his high standards may have slipped ? Are you outstanding at work every day ?

Yep. 

Â