Breakaway League

Jareth

Just now, KMitch said:

Serious question to everyone:

If Villa's owners joined this super league in one of the remaining spots, would you stop supporting the club?  I think many of us would be outraged for a few years, but we'd get over it and continue supporting Villa, no matter which league they played in.  

It all suddenly feels pointless 

So, assuming UEFA sticks to its word, these clubs will now have to quit the PL, correct? 

Could we genuinely see these 6 clubs removed from the PL tomorrow? They’ve essentially withdrawn from the ECA, gone ahead and formed a new league without telling anyone and they expected all that to happen with absolutely no consequence? 

This is the maddest thing ever. These 12 clubs think they’re bigger than FIFA, UEFA, the fans, the lot. It’s time anyone with any ounce of power stands up to them and bans them, disqualifies them, etc.

The PL may even be cancelled before we play Man City. All of a sudden, relegation, promotion etc. It all changes. 

Im so lost.

22 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Serious question to everyone:

If Villa's owners joined this super league in one of the remaining spots, would you stop supporting the club?  I think many of us would be outraged for a few years, but we'd get over it and continue supporting Villa, no matter which league they played in.  

I might follow the scores (like I have been doing) but I wouldn't be signing up for any streaming services nor setting foot in VP again. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

One American to another, do you only watch college sports and Villa?  Hell, even during playoffs it's hard to replicate the sort of atmosphere college sports create, but that still does not stop me from watching professional sports.  Why would this be any different to you and me, who are not Brummies?

I honestly watch very little professional sports. I’ll watch the playoffs if one of my Minnesota teams are in it, but I find it tough to watch any NBA, NFL, MLB, or NHL regular season games. And I wouldn’t tune in for a second if it had a PPV element associated with it.

Only regular season games that are appointment TV for me are MNUFC matches.

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah I think so, then we somehow drew 2-2 despite being 2-0 up with 10 minutes left.

Whelan scored the equalizer in added time. Sometimes all you can do is laugh.  Guess he felt he still owed us one and took that awful PK that got Bruce fired. All is forgiven Glenn. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

So, assuming UEFA sticks to its word, these clubs will now have to quit the PL, correct? 

Could we genuinely see these 6 clubs removed from the PL tomorrow? They’ve essentially withdrawn from the ECA, gone ahead and formed a new league without telling anyone and they expected all that to happen with absolutely no consequence? 

This is the maddest thing ever. These 12 clubs think they’re bigger than FIFA, UEFA, the fans, the lot. It’s time anyone with any ounce of power stands up to them and bans them, disqualifies them, etc.

The PL may even be cancelled before we play Man City. All of a sudden, relegation, promotion etc. It all changes. 

Im so lost.

Yes all 6 teams will be removed and sky will still charge us $100+ a month to watch Burnley vs Fulham

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Im so lost.

For this to happen they need bollox which they don't have. What they do have is a pot which needs to be greased with dirty money. 

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Obviously we're to blame for this too. We should have stopped at 4 against the shell suit wearing hub cap thieves. We've scared em off. Lol.

They announce it before Liverpool play Bielsa so obviously they are hoping to get kicked out of the league before that game 😂

• Haha 2

My prediction - lengthy negotiations with the premier League and the fa doing eff all but announcing a "victory" of the super League making a token investment into grass roots football and the EFL.

"We had to protect the integrity of the pyramid of football and thus the investment into the EFL especially shows the commitment to the sustainability of the game is at the forefront of the super League's thoughts." 

Another point - why on earth is Roy Keane allowed to comment on this? He's the one who broke the wage structure at man United all those years ago. He signed a contract worth 80k a week when everyone else was on around 30 or less. Representative for Wellingborough.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

My prediction - lengthy negotiations with the premier League and the fa doing eff all but announcing a "victory" of the super League making a token investment into grass roots football and the EFL.

"We had to protect the integrity of the pyramid of football and thus the investment into the EFL especially shows the commitment to the sustainability of the game is at the forefront of the super League's thoughts." 

I think you’ll be surprised. We’re talking about clubs going against FIFA and UEFA and forming their own competition. 

I don’t think this is a case of everyone just getting together and accepting this. UEFA as an organisation becomes largely redundant doesn’t it if this happens? The PL as an organisation suddenly becomes a lot poorer. The fans will revolt if their clubs aren’t playing in a domestic competition. 

I think you’re about to see the biggest fight in football ever unfold. 

• Like 3

Â