Breakaway League

Jareth

12 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Interesting reporting from Kaveh Solhekol on Sky Sports News. Apparently some board members from these breakaway clubs aren't at all happy about the ESL more but don't have the power to do much against the owners. Apparently the owners expected this backlash but don't give a damn about it. Reports to that the owners don't give a damn about football integrity, only about earning more money and that if they are allowed to stay in their domestic divisions, they will mainly focus on ESL. 

Sky Sports News website.

What a utter disgrace.

game of thrones week GIF

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess a big question is when does the first tranche of the JP Morgan money hit their accounts?

Once they've pocketed the cash, we've passed the point of no return I think.

I think that’s already happened. There’s too much momentum already for it not, plus their public acknowledgment of it.

Just now, The_Steve said:

I think that’s already happened. There’s too much momentum already for it not, plus their public acknowledgment of it.

Given that Spurs have sacked Jose, it's possible they've already received some funds. Sacking him will have cost them a lot of money.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Think of it as virtual tickets. I might be a Chelsea 'season pass' holder - so I've paid in advance to watch all of Chelsea's games. With that I might get a discount on away games or on the playoff - but for those games, I'd buy a virtual ticket. In much the same that if I want to see Villa home and away, I buy a season ticket at Villa Park and a match day ticket when we're away at Leicester.

So as a Chelsea fan I'd pay £150 for all Chelsea's home games, then a tenner for each of the four away games I wanted to watch, a tenner for the Real-Barca game I bought when I was drunk and bored and twenty quid for the final at the end of the season, even though Chelsea aren't in it.

That’s what I suspected, I don’t think it will catch on.

People like the the current setup where BT show all the Champions League (and Europa League) games.

I don’t see people in volume buying into this one sub for each club, with some crossover discounts for certain games which needs individual payments. Not many casual fans are going to stump up for Spurs or Arsenal games especially if they are near the bottom of the table if it has to be paid individually. If it was part of a package though it would get more viewers, more reliable income and more as revenue.

Someone like DAZN will come along, bang a few billion on the table and offer to show all of the games live. You at least get consistent coverage then too. 

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Part of me really wishes The Premier League would have the balls to just kick these scum out, sadly that'll never happen. 

We as fans can start a petition to say that if they don’t kick them out we will boycott the Prem league.

if people cancel sky subscriptions , refuse to attend  matches then they would have to listen.

but it would need to be unified fans boycotts not half arsed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

Given Barcelona's current financial mess, I'm not surprised they jumped on this. 

Thing is, all they will do is give out even more ludicrous contracts and bid even more ludicrous sums for players to try and stay ahead of the ESL pack and then find them struggling again but with even more eye-watering losses. 

Football has so much more money than it's ever had before and yet all clubs just continue to spend beyond their means to try and get ahead. 

It's just a vicious circle. 

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Given that Spurs have sacked Jose, it's possible they've already received some funds. Sacking him will have cost them a lot of money.

Yep I think their (all clubs) confident attitude in all of this suggests that too.

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We as fans can start a petition to say that if they don’t kick them out we will boycott the Prem league.

if people cancel sky subscriptions , refuse to attend  matches then they would have to listen.

but it would need to be unified fans boycotts not half arsed 

Mate they can't kick out racism, what makes you think they'll be able to kick out the 'big 6'?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Any money will be conditional on the Super-doo-per league going ahead. JP morgan aren't going to gift millions of pounds for a league that might not ever even exist.

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

What can the government do? Enforce nationalisation of football clubs? Yes. 

Wow! If we're relying on the idea of this government nationalising things we're in bigger trouble than I thought! 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wow! If we're relying on the idea of this government nationalising things we're in bigger trouble than I thought! 🤣

Actually I think the tories could well use this as a big policy winner. "English clubs for english people" etc. I can hear the slogans now. 

Cristian Purslow has been interviewed about it on the Today radio programme, I just read quotes from it on the BBC. Well said Christian! Very eloquently explained and well summed up. Sounds like he hates it as much as Gary Neville and millions of us fans, and he has described the concept as grotesque.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So, if the PL don't do the right thing, all of the clubs could in theory go together and kick them out?

Absolutely, the difficulty is, it's a clear cut choice for ambitious Premier league teams - for us and Everton and Leeds and West Ham and so on - but if you're a visitor, if you're Sheffield United and you're going down and you just need the money today - a small gift from the big 6 is enough to sway your vote - you're a Turkey voting for Christmas, but you're a small Turkey anyway and you feel like you've already been plucked - why not take today's offer and let the big boys have what they want?

It only takes one team to say yes to the six and we're done.

• Like 1

Â