Breakaway League

Jareth

16 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

This is like that bullshit in Eurovision, where they have semi finals but France always get to the final despite their entry being a dog in a hat. 

An actual dog in a hat???  🙄 

The amazing thing about the whole "spots for elite clubs that failed to qualify" nonsense is that this was obviously put in to stop a Super League happening and it has anyway but also that the "Super" clubs have set the new CL changes "weren't enough".

It begs the question, what the hell WOULD have been enough? 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant wait to see spurs finish bottom every year then all their fans will be moaning and begging to come  back

Why would they? They'll have similar money to the other Super League clubs - within the bubble there will be competition and change, Spurs might be in the final one year, another year Chelsea, they won't be what they are today - it's only outside the bubble where competition and change need to be prevented. Winning won't be as important to Barca and Madrid in the Super League, the income is already guaranteed - so they can let it be a sporting contest.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chindie said:

'New spots for elite teams that failed to qualify'

Even without this American franchise League the game's buggered.

The most disturbing post of the day. That scuppers the new super league - by making the CL have the same rules.  (Effectively the UK big 6 will always qualify) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The amazing thing about the whole "spots for elite clubs that failed to qualify" nonsense is that this was obviously put in to stop a Super League happening and it has anyway but also that the "Super" clubs have set the new CL changes "weren't enough".

It begs the question, what the hell WOULD have been enough? 🤦‍♂️

It's just so anti-sport it's astonishing. They'll have to rebrand Football as 'entertainment' like they did with wrestling when everyone pointed out to them that it was as fake as a rubber monkey.

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The PL TV deal still lasts for a few years. That’s dependent on the league existing, not the teams within it.

I have a feeling that expelling the six teams for breaching rule 9.3 about playing in other tournaments probably invalidates the deal - this would be another lawyers paradise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

“'Voting for the final three places in The Super League is now open. To vote for Ajax text the word 'AJAX' to 84285...”

EzSptpyVoAEY2Aj?format=jpg&name=small

This post made me laugh, then made me cry. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Why would they? They'll have similar money to the other Super League clubs - within the bubble there will be competition and change, Spurs might be in the final one year, another year Chelsea, they won't be what they are today - it's only outside the bubble where competition and change need to be prevented. Winning won't be as important to Barca and Madrid in the Super League, the income is already guaranteed - so they can let it be a sporting contest.

I don't think they will, though. I thought only 5 of the 12 teams were guaranteed the full slice of the income and some of the smaller teams would be getting less every year in perpetuity (especially because the prize pool for performance is relatively small, so even if a smaller team actually won the thing it might not be enough to make up the shortfall).

That was my understanding at least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He is always both a sore loser (makes too many excuses) and too gracious in defeat

He's sort of the gracious in defeat - but then slips in a disclaimer "Of course the better team won today - no complaints  - but todays officials shouldn't be proud of there performances" 

• Like 1

Just now, Panto_Villan said:

I don't think they will, though. I thought only 5 of the 12 teams were guaranteed the full slice of the income and some of the smaller teams would be getting less every year in perpetuity (especially because the prize pool for performance is relatively small, so even if a smaller team actually won the thing it might not be enough to make up the shortfall).

That was my understanding at least.

Someone posted it here it's on Twitter. About ten pages of tweets.

Interesting reporting from Kaveh Solhekol on Sky Sports News. Apparently some board members from these breakaway clubs aren't at all happy about the ESL more but don't have the power to do much against the owners. Apparently the owners expected this backlash but don't give a damn about it. Reports to that the owners don't give a damn about football integrity, only about earning more money and that if they are allowed to stay in their domestic divisions, they will mainly focus on ESL. 

Sky Sports News website.

What a utter disgrace.

I might be too optimistic, but the fan outrage created by the money league might help getting a voice against the CL reform as well.

Everyone know the UEFA is all about money, so them being mad know is very hypocritical. But I think the changes they are proposing ('elite club that didn't qualify'?) would not have gotten too much backlash were it not for the fan outrage now created by the greedy clubs.

Â