Season Tickets 2021/2

turvontour

14 hours ago, tommytenjobs said:

Has anyone been able to sell their season ticket for any games back to the club. I’ve been sat at the laptop with my account details open for the best part of 45 mins and am still clueless. I’m a bit of a techno phobe…but nothing is jumping out to me. Can’t make the man c mid week match and want to make sure someone else has a chance of taking the seats. The club letter threatening all manner of punishments has put me off just giving it to someone else but they’re not making it easy for me! Any ideas much appreciated! 

Hi TommyTenBobs, it works fairly well but is not the easiest link to find.

I was unable to make the Hammers game and did not find someone to transfer it to, so put it through the club resale site.  I had left it late as this was within 48hrs of kickoff. The refund is obviously dependent upon them reselling the seat. Should not be a problem for City/Jacks return.
I received the money last week which was inline with their 21days target.

• Click on your name at the top the Tickets page.
  • A page with your fan ID info opens
  • on the right you should see ALERTS

Then just follow the bouncing ball from there.

Good Luck!

from the Ticimage.png.da2e5a2f792100592d938c68b85a8ddf.png

Edited by Lochheads twin
typo and more info

1 hour ago, Lochheads twin said:

Hi TommyTenBobs, it works fairly well but is not the easiest link to find.

I was unable to make the Hammers game and did not find someone to transfer it to, so put it through the club resale site.  I had left it late as this was within 48hrs of kickoff. The refund is obviously dependent upon them reselling the seat. Should not be a problem for City/Jacks return.
I received the money last week which was inline with their 21days target.

• Click on your name at the top the Tickets page.
  • A page with your fan ID info opens
  • on the right you should see ALERTS

Then just follow the bouncing ball from there.

Good Luck!

from the Ticimage.png.da2e5a2f792100592d938c68b85a8ddf.png

i put mine up weeks ago, but don't think villa release the 'resale' seats until the original seats basically sell out, which we're still a way off for this game and they're general sale now. wondering if the ST resales will even get sold.

A few years ago they would be starting to sell half season tickets on the back of Saturday's win. However I presume they don't do this now we have 30,000 ST holders?

The resale option is a joke as you are dependent on the game heading for a sell-out. I don't think City will plus the stupid kick off time I think it will be the most empty Villa Park has been all season.

On 22/09/2021 at 19:49, OutByEaster? said:

in terms of targeting touting, the club don't know if the person you're giving the ticket to is your mom, your brother or a bloke you sold it to online for £100. What they're trying to do is prevent touting and profiteering by ensuring that the person that arrives at the ground is carrying a ticket that has their own Fan ID on it. 

That doesn't mean you can't give your season ticket card to your family or friends, but it means you have to do it via the ticket office - they cancel your season ticket for the game and issue an e-ticket to whoever you're giving it to - the e-ticket will have their Fan ID on it - there's no charge for that, the club don't profit and you're not profiting on selling your ticket. 

On the face of it, that's not a bad idea - albeit a heckuva fuss for something that's been happening in football for as long as scarves and bovril - but as a way of combatting touting it's a useful tool.

Sadly it's appallingly described as "Passing Fan ID for a match ticket or concession abuse" which means the best part of bugger all to anyone sadly and it would seem the point has been destroyed by the threatening mumbled message.

Excuse the thread necromancy, but what's to stop me selling my seat for £100 anyway and then converting to an e-ticket to pass on? It adds an extra step, but it's not 1986. Most people know how to use the internet. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Excuse the thread necromancy, but what's to stop me selling my seat for £100 anyway and then converting to an e-ticket to pass on? It adds an extra step, but it's not 1986. Most people know how to use the internet. 

Nothing, nothing at all. This doesn't actually do anything to prevent ticket resale at a profit - it just means the club have registered details for everyone in the ground - presumably for the purposes of marketing.

51 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

agreed OBE.

Nothing to do with being a Luddite but more wanting to make sure the ticket goes to a genuine Villa fan and does not feed those leeches who prey on sports & music fans!

Edited by Lochheads twin
typo

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nothing, nothing at all. This doesn't actually do anything to prevent ticket resale at a profit - it just means the club have registered details for everyone in the ground - presumably for the purposes of marketing.

And the Law re Covid.

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

And the Law re Covid.

Potential law?

I don't think it's a requirement at the moment is it?

They were doing some surveying on Saturday, sort of testing the water about vaccination, but at the moment I don't think the test and trace measures require them to have a register of everyone do they?

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Potential law?

I don't think it's a requirement at the moment is it?

They were doing some surveying on Saturday, sort of testing the water about vaccination, but at the moment I don't think the test and trace measures require them to have a register of everyone do they?

I was talking about this a bit ago with a mate who is a Man City fan, well, he's my boss, anyway, and I was moaning to him about Villa going OTT and he said City also the similar thing in terms of wanting to know who was in each seat and it was (they had said) because the Gov't required them to when they let football have full crowds in again - in case there was an outbreak, they wanted to know who was where in the ground...

I dunno if that's law, regulation, ground rules, council rules, or whatever.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i put mine up weeks ago, but don't think villa release the 'resale' seats until the original seats basically sell out, which we're still a way off for this game and they're general sale now. wondering if the ST resales will even get sold.

Thanks so much. I’ll give it a go this evening. Don’t think I’ve spotted an alerts section so maybe that’s my error! 

Think I’ve figured out the prob. Gone on again today and the option is now there for me to sell my ticket back to the club…for the Burnley game. Clearly must be a window in which you have to know you can’t make The game and nominate to sell the tickets back to them. I must have missed the Man City window, which is why I could find an alert section which contained a sell back option. Anyhow, bought tickets for charlton away as compensation for not being able to get up to Brum and back on a Wednesday night. Thanks to all for suggestions and help. Much appreciated. UTV 

1 hour ago, tommytenjobs said:

Think I’ve figured out the prob. Gone on again today and the option is now there for me to sell my ticket back to the club…for the Burnley game. Clearly must be a window in which you have to know you can’t make The game and nominate to sell the tickets back to them. I must have missed the Man City window, which is why I could find an alert section which contained a sell back option. Anyhow, bought tickets for charlton away as compensation for not being able to get up to Brum and back on a Wednesday night. Thanks to all for suggestions and help. Much appreciated. UTV 

The resale option is there for me for the city game. However when you select it your ticket doesn’t actually go back on sale. As mentioned above it probably requires close to sell out before it becomes available to buy. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The resale option is there for me for the city game. However when you select it your ticket doesn’t actually go back on sale. As mentioned above it probably requires close to sell out before it becomes available to buy. 

From my recent memory, the club have said the match needs to be sold out before resale is permitted. I’ve seen resale available whilst a few seats (1 or 2 seats dotted around each block) are available but my assumption is they are the seats that are being resold.

• Like 1

Its certainly different to back in the days of Lambert when you could go on a secondary ticket site and get tickets in the upper trinity from about £12 to £15 quid to watch premier league football. That was ridiculous as it was cheaper per game than  a season ticket. We were crap though then.

21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its certainly different to back in the days of Lambert when you could go on a secondary ticket site and get tickets in the upper trinity from about £12 to £15 quid to watch premier league football. That was ridiculous as it was cheaper per game than  a season ticket. We were crap though then.

Golden days they were. Well not on the pitch.

Find yourself at a loose end one Saturday morning, log on to Seatwave take your pick of about 3000 seats for 15 quid.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Golden days they were. Well not on the pitch.

Find yourself at a loose end one Saturday morning, log on to Seatwave take your pick of about 3000 seats for 15 quid.

Would’ve had to been one hell of a loose end, probably one falling off the noose