Season Tickets 2021/2

turvontour

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t make today yet can’t resell my ticket or even give it away without someone taking my season ticket. Frustrating.

I get the first bit and I think it's a bit of a shame that the club withdrew that, on the second bit I'm not sure what you mean. You can give the season ticket away, you just need to call the ticket office and they'll email a replacement ticket to whoever you give it to.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I get the first bit and I think it's a bit of a shame that the club withdrew that, on the second bit I'm not sure what you mean. You can give the season ticket away, you just need to call the ticket office and they'll email a replacement ticket to whoever you give it to.

Ticket office closed today isn’t it?

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Mine sold in the end so what happens for the rearranged fixture?  Have I lost my seat?

They're going to contact season ticket holder that sold their seat prior to the rescheduled fixture - looks like they'll give you an opportunity to buy back in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Mine sold in the end so what happens for the rearranged fixture?  Have I lost my seat?

I think you’ll get your seat back for the rearranged fixture. After all, the person buying today’s game might not be able to attend the rearranged game and the person selling, who couldn’t go today, might be able to attend the new date. Obviously the opportunity to resell again is likely be given.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think it shows the demand for tickets that I managed to re sale mine in the midst of a global pandemic and the fact we were playing Burnley. 

A few years ago in the heady pre covid days you would have had practically give your ticket away for a match like this.

Yeah definitely. We have 8 memberships between 3 families, but if tickets were available for general sale when we booked ours, I could probably have got another 5-10 casual people to come as well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think it shows the demand for tickets that I managed to re sale mine in the midst of a global pandemic and the fact we were playing Burnley. 

A few years ago in the heady pre covid days you would have had practically give your ticket away for a match like this.

I remember in the championship days you could walk up on the day and get a ticket no problem. Swathes of the upper tiers in the family stands were closed and often attendance wasn't above 30000. Even prior to relegation from the premier league you could walk up on the day and get a ticket on the day most weeks, so long as we weren't playing Liverpool, Man U etc

32 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I remember in the championship days you could walk up on the day and get a ticket no problem. Swathes of the upper tiers in the family stands were closed and often attendance wasn't above 30000. Even prior to relegation from the premier league you could walk up on the day and get a ticket on the day most weeks, so long as we weren't playing Liverpool, Man U etc

I have been  going to Villa fairly regularly for well over 15 years, and the only other period when it was hard to get tickets was in the MON years. Even then with a bit of forward planning you could get tickets. £12 seats in the Lower North, happy days. Our attendances went down from 40,000 to about 32,000 under Mcleish.

Edited by The Fun Factory

So a couple of weeks ago I moved my season ticket and few purchases tickets to different seats and some how all seats ended up in my name. The person speaking to me said they would sort out rather than keep me on the line as had already been holding over an hour. 

Since then I’ve made 2 phone calls and both times they have said they would resolve and get back to me. Now it’s likely the Chelsea game might not even happen but if it does should I just go with 3 tickets in my name?

I will try to phone again but I don’t think they can resolve for me. What do you reckon I should do? It’s getting a bit annoying as I’ve spent a lot of time on hold every time I’ve rang.

20 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have been  going to Villa fairly regularly for well over 15 years, and the only other period when it was hard to get tickets was in the MON years. Even then with a bit of forward planning you could get tickets. £12 seats in the Lower North, happy days. Our attendances went down from 40,000 to about 32,000 under Mcleish.

MON days we got decent crowds but it seldom sold out from what i remember. it was during the financial crisis though i seem to recall so times were harder, so i wonder how big an impact that had.

the biggest change over the last few years i think is our away support. i remember going to blackburn for a sunday lunchtime game in the MON days where there was only about 1000 there. before i became a ST holder i remember getting southampton and fulham away tickets on general sale.

maybe it's a generational thing. kids who started getting into villa during the MON days are now old enough to go to games with their mates

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

MON days we got decent crowds but it seldom sold out from what i remember. it was during the financial crisis though i seem to recall so times were harder, so i wonder how big an impact that had.

the biggest change over the last few years i think is our away support. i remember going to blackburn for a sunday lunchtime game in the MON days where there was only about 1000 there. before i became a ST holder i remember getting southampton and fulham away tickets on general sale.

maybe it's a generational thing. kids who started getting into villa during the MON days are now old enough to go to games with their mates

In 07-08 we averaged over 40,000 for the first time since the 1940's. We didn't have any fan membership though then. If you had a booking history you could probably get a ticket for any game if you were aware of the general sale dates. Totally different now.

Thereafter crowds actually dropped a bit. That, and along with some personal issues probably persuaded Lerner to shelve the planned Villa Park expansion.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Yeah its much tougher to get tickets now, especially as in MON's day a lot of the population didn't use the internet near as much as now, heck i remember being at school and a surprising amount of people didn't have broadband from 07-10, not for poverty reasons or anything, it just wasn't seen as that necessary. People didn't really use the internet on their phones, maybe for blackberry messenger or something like that but the iphone and apps and such like didnt have the mass user base like it does now.

Its much harder to build up your history now for away games, I used to have a season ticket probably 8 years ago and built up my away history by going to Newcastle, Sunderland, Southampton, QPR, Liverpool etc when it was evening kick offs or far away and it was a good way to build them up. You could buy the tickets as a season ticket holder for those games with no additional criteria and then slowly each time you have 3+ games then 4+ etc. Then one year i had to give the season ticket up and lost all of that history which was a shame.

I now have a season ticket again for the last couple of seasons but away games were really in demand in the championship and since we have been promoted again. You can get them, like the norwich away one last week went to ST holders but then sold out when it went to that criteria. That would have been a good one to get to.

But i do think it is much harder these days and the demand is there, it must be quite hard for the older villa fans to get them as they often want to phone the ticket office and buy them that way but when they are released online a few hours beforehand they will all be snapped up by the younger fans and those older fans who are happy to use online banking.

• Like 2

Where i've been sitting for most games in the Upper Trinity after buying individual games as a member, there are a lot of younger people and you can tell a lot of newer fans who are very excited about being there - ie: photos of the pitch for their Instagram etc.  Their mates then see the pics and they want to come next time for the experience.  and so it snowballs.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2021 at 10:41, Wainy316 said:

Yeah I just went on and seen it's available to do.  I'm 99% not going but I'm just trying to leave it as late as I can before the option to attend is totally taken away just in case Omicron disappears tomorrow or something.  

How do you list it?