Season Tickets 2021/2

turvontour

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Villa laying down the law...

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/New-measures-to-prevent-resale-of-tickets/

personally i think the penalties are harsh. what if i have a genuine reason for not going? i.e. i test positive for covid the day before an away game? i will have missed the deadline for returning my away ticket so i either lose the cash or risk a 3 game ban by selling the ticket on

I'd imagine questions like this could be put to the club?

'Consumption of Alcohol' First Offence.  Season long ban.  Ermmm, what?  😂

Surely there should be some further context?

Edit: Oh, that's on the official travel coaches I think.  Makes a bit more sense.  Brutal punishment though!

Edited by Wainy316

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'd imagine questions like this could be put to the club?

agreed but i do think this could have been accompanied by a FAQ section rather than just reeling off punishments.

edit: i'm aware it does link to the generic ticket FAQ section but think there could have been something more specific to the re-distribution of tickets

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

agreed but i do think this could have been accompanied by a FAQ section rather than just reeling off punishments.

Yep that would've been good.

46 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Villa laying down the law...

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/New-measures-to-prevent-resale-of-tickets/

personally i think the penalties are harsh. what if i have a genuine reason for not going? i.e. i test positive for covid the day before an away game? i will have missed the deadline for returning my away ticket so i either lose the cash or risk a 3 game ban by selling the ticket on

What a penalty for the club ignoring emails , fobbing off over the phone and taking 21 days to get the funds in your account.

Club want there ass kicking over this. When I sold my ticket for the Brentford game I was told a different story every time I called...and never got an answer as to why the refund takes 3 weeks to appear in your account.

• Like 4

I’ve never bothered with reselling a ticket. If I can’t attend a game, I will give the ticket to a friend. Is new rules going to stop that as well? I’m not on Twitter so can’t ask the club via that and I can’t imagine they would reply any other way.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve never bothered with reselling a ticket. If I can’t attend a game, I will give the ticket to a friend. Is new rules going to stop that as well? I’m not on Twitter so can’t ask the club via that and I can’t imagine they would reply any other way.

No - it's fine to do that. In theory you're supposed to tell the club that your pal is using your ticket, but I doubt anyone ever does.

This new stuff has been brought in I'd guess because demand is outstripping ticket availability, so some people may be breaking the law by re-selling and touting tickets/season tickets or to a lesser extent some away fans who can get tickets may be getting them for games they can't go to, to keep up their eligibility and then selling them on.

In an ideal world the club wouldn't allow the various ticketing agencies to sell any tickets either. But seemingly they don't do that, which is a shame.

• Thanks 1

Tone deaf communique by the club here. A shame as they have done most things very well. Do all season ticket holders know for example that they can resale their tickets? And if we don't sell out a game what then happens?  It has hardly been publicised and you have to log in about 3 times to find a way to do this. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

• Thanks 2

It's not the best bit of thinking and it's very poorly worded. The comments here have been noted and the supporters groups will be looking to take this up with the club.

The clarification above is helpful in terms of how you pass on your ticket to a family member - hopefully as many people as possible can get to see that - thank you @chappy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Absolute shambles from the club with this communication.

They are trying to stop the home and away games becoming a closed shop; but unfortunately thats the way football works. It's the loyal following that have been there week in week out in the bad times that now deserve to be there for the success. This isn't me getting into a who's a better fan debate, but it's annoying that Villa are already starting to act big time like the top 6 clubs have done previously.

The ticket prices for home games (Wolves in particular) just highlight how wrong Villa have got this; and makes you look upon the calls for the fans to return for the great atmosphere was all just PR like the Grealish stuff. They want our cash, and that's all it's ever been about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

They are trying to stop the home and away games becoming a closed shop; but unfortunately thats the way football works

They’re trying to make it so (at Villa) “that’s not the way it works” (as much). It’s badly communicated and badly worded, I agree, but on the face of it, it’s neither surprising nor totally bad. Combine it with ending ticketbastard.com and the like from touting tickets for 95 quid and such like, and communicate it to their customers as if we are actual people, not naughty children and I’d be behind this move.

• Like 1

Myself and my mates have just given our season ticket cards to other family and friends or each other when we can't make it and never had any issues.

I don't see what difference it makes to the club?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Myself and my mates have just given our season ticket cards to other family and friends or each other when we can't make it and never had any issues.

The difference is that they want you to give your ticket to them less 20% of its pro rata value, and then they can sell it on to another punter at match day prices.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The difference is that they want you to give your ticket to them less 20% of its pro rata value, and then they can sell it on to another pundit at match day prices.

As long as they don't choose Danny Murphy

5 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

in terms of targeting touting, the club don't know if the person you're giving the ticket to is your mom, your brother or a bloke you sold it to online for £100. What they're trying to do is prevent touting and profiteering by ensuring that the person that arrives at the ground is carrying a ticket that has their own Fan ID on it. 

That doesn't mean you can't give your season ticket card to your family or friends, but it means you have to do it via the ticket office - they cancel your season ticket for the game and issue an e-ticket to whoever you're giving it to - the e-ticket will have their Fan ID on it - there's no charge for that, the club don't profit and you're not profiting on selling your ticket. 

On the face of it, that's not a bad idea - albeit a heckuva fuss for something that's been happening in football for as long as scarves and bovril - but as a way of combatting touting it's a useful tool.

Sadly it's appallingly described as "Passing Fan ID for a match ticket or concession abuse" which means the best part of bugger all to anyone sadly and it would seem the point has been destroyed by the threatening mumbled message.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, blandy said:

They’re trying to make it so (at Villa) “that’s not the way it works” (as much). It’s badly communicated and badly worded, I agree, but on the face of it, it’s neither surprising nor totally bad. Combine it with ending ticketbastard.com and the like from touting tickets for 95 quid and such like, and communicate it to their customers as if we are actual people, not naughty children and I’d be behind this move.

To be fair that part of it I understand and agree with.

Face value should always be the way with resales; but it's also being done in away to ensure Vila get a portion of the resale value along with the initial ticket purchase.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

in terms of targeting touting, the club don't know if the person you're giving the ticket to is your mom, your brother or a bloke you sold it to online for £100. What they're trying to do is prevent touting and profiteering by ensuring that the person that arrives at the ground is carrying a ticket that has their own Fan ID on it. 

That doesn't mean you can't give your season ticket card to your family or friends, but it means you have to do it via the ticket office - they cancel your season ticket for the game and issue an e-ticket to whoever you're giving it to - the e-ticket will have their Fan ID on it - there's no charge for that, the club don't profit and you're not profiting on selling your ticket. 

On the face of it, that's not a bad idea - albeit a heckuva fuss for something that's been happening in football for as long as scarves and bovril - but as a way of combatting touting it's a useful tool.

Sadly it's appallingly described as "Passing Fan ID for a match ticket or concession abuse" which means the best part of bugger all to anyone sadly and it would seem the point has been destroyed by the threatening mumbled message.

The fact that is done by mainly Twitter is annoying as well. There are many fans like me who do not use Twitter. It’s in the OS but you have to go searching for it. They have all our email addresses to set up tickets. It wouldn’t harm sending an email. They have Facebook and Instagram pages but haven’t bothered putting it there. 

They're having a laugh if they think I'm going to go through the rigmarole of fannying about with the ticket office to cancel tkts and get new ones sent out when I'm just passing a tkt on to a mate when I cant go myself.

Edited by slowandlow