Season Tickets 2021/2

turvontour

Assuming everything goes well and we return to capacity crowds next season, what would be the likelihood, as a current season ticket holder, to add an additional seat? Would that not be possible as there are still waiting lists of people from pre Covid, and now demand will probably be bigger again, given the team are doing well and increased demand as people havent been able to go?

14 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Assuming they'll announce details on ticket renewals for next season pretty soon. 

Maybe. Not sure if we are ready to pack 40,000 people within touching distance of each other just yet. ....

No doubt someone will produce a link to article stating that covid doesn't spread in sporting arenas - but the point still holds.

I think the season ticket might well be a different format for next season at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Maybe. Not sure if we are ready to pack 40,000 people within touching distance of each other just yet. ....

No doubt someone will produce a link to article stating that covid doesn't spread in sporting arenas - but the point still holds.

I think the season ticket might well be a different format for next season at least.

image.png.0d7a71adc4c1e06cb4ef81c365a69335.png

that indicates full stadiums next season to me...

• Like 1

I'd be amazed if it's 40k in August. Mask wearing still going to be needed on public transport and places after middle of June.

I assume the plan is still 10k in for Chelsea last day and if that goes well enough it will go up to 20-30k for whenever our first home game of next season is and take things from there. People going to have to take tests and stuff in days before and after game to monitor any outbreaks I assume.

Still a bit unknown I think how next six months will play out.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd be amazed if it's 40k in August. Mask wearing still going to be needed on public transport and places after middle of June.

I assume the plan is still 10k in for Chelsea last day and if that goes well enough it will go up to 20-30k for whenever our first home game of next season is and take things from there. People going to have to take tests and stuff in days before and after game to monitor any outbreaks I assume.

Still a bit unknown I think how next six months will play out.

Exactly.

Chile with a high vacination rate are experiencing a 3rd wave. We just don't know.

My unscientific guess is that summer will be ok. But autumn could see an uptick in cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Assuming everything goes well and we return to capacity crowds next season, what would be the likelihood, as a current season ticket holder, to add an additional seat? Would that not be possible as there are still waiting lists of people from pre Covid, and now demand will probably be bigger again, given the team are doing well and increased demand as people havent been able to go?

Not every existing season ticket holder will renew. That may be due to choice or a number of other things that may include changes in their financial situation, a reluctance to be part of a crowd (having spent 12-months avoiding them) or sadly because they are no longer with us. I'm not sure that there is a waiting list as such, but I would guess there will be some seats available, although it may be necessary to relocate within the ground to get them together. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It depends on demand obviously and that's a little hard to predict.

If the government allows for a full reopening, there will be three windows in the summer

i.) A renewal window, where we'll all get the chance to renew our season tickets.

ii.) A seat move window, where people that are renewing will get the chance to move seats if they want to.

iii.) A sale of those seat that weren't renewed - up to our ceiling which was thirty thousand last time around.

Within that third window, the sale will be on a tiered basis organised around the current waiting list of around nine or ten thousand people - so if say three thousand people decide not to renew, then the top third of the people on that list (based on the order in which they joined the list) will get an opportunity to buy - some of those won't take up that opportunity (for example, for some they'll be part of a group and find only single seats available) so there's likely to be a second release and so on until all the tickets are gone.

If you're not already on that list, I think there's next to no chance of adding a season ticket, and if demand holds up, there's probably next to no chance if you're not already on that list for a long, long time and probably not until a redevelopment. I added my nephew to the list in the summer of 2019, he's about number eight thousand, he was twelve then, I would be incredibly surprised if he's ever able to have a junior season ticket.

It's worth noting that our attendance will be very slightly reduced next season as we move to comply with legislation on disabled seating allowances and that the club might decide that the balance between season tickets and single match day tickets needs to be adjusted, so there's no guarantee that they'll want to maintain the thirty thousand season tickets we already have - it's possible that not all of the un-renewed seats will be made available. 

Depending on demand post Covid, everything could be different - but if demand stays at a similar level to how it was before grounds closed, if you joined our season ticket waiting list on that date, I reckon you'd be looking at a wait of around ten years before you get the chance to buy. 

Within that, there are two unknowns which have an effect: 

• How people will behave following the pandemic - historically where there have been disruptions to everyday life, the two world wars, the flu outbreak in the twenties etc. they've been followed by a surge in demand for people to get to sporting events with attendances benefiting from higher demand in the immediate years thereafter. This one might be different, but if it's not, then Villa Park will be even harder to get in to for the next few years.
  • Price elasticity - now I don't want to get too cynical here, but when you're selling something for £500 and there are ten to fifteen thousand more customers than there are products, you raise the price. Whether we'll have thirty thousand people keen to renew if season ticket prices go up £150 across the board will be interesting. The club could do that and still sell out - I don't think they will, I think they'll look to find a balance between how much they can get and how they feel about season ticket holders, but I'd be amazed if price rises aren't coming and it'll be interesting to see the effect of them on demand.

Anyways, I've rambled - the simple answer I think is probably 'no chance'.

I think we might be entering a decade where Villa season tickets are gold dust - as an example of how that will change behaviours, if I was taking up a job elsewhere for a couple of years right now, I'd renew my ticket even if I couldn't go.

Wow, this was kind of how I imagined it.

Cheers for providing the detail.

One thing actually as that's all a bit bleak!

There's a difference between having 10,000 people who say they'd like to buy a season ticket and 10,000 people who actually will if given the opportunity, I think there will be a lot of people on the waiting list who don't take up the chance.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Just thinking, if we are able to return to full or near full capacity next season, are there still to be the same number of games televised, and staggered kick off times like we have now?

hopefully not...the thought of a sunday evening game doesn't appeal

4 hours ago, turvontour said:

Just thinking, if we are able to return to full or near full capacity next season, are there still to be the same number of games televised, and staggered kick off times like we have now?

I doubt it.  I've really enjoyed being able to watch all the games though.