Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/03/21 at 23:59

We've had some of the easiest games of the season with Jack out and got 5 points from 6. Average that over a season, factoring in tougher opposition, and we would finish on around 30 points. Ie certain relegation. 

It's dire and such a shame that this is how this promising season will end. 

Started brightly then just got worse and worse, then completely ****ed by Mike Dean and never came close to recovering against a Spurs that were themselves pretty awful. Seeing last season's mentality creeping back in, Dean has to arrest that ASAP or we're in trouble.

Can’t give a mom today that was dreadful... 

Poor for the players , poor for the manager , super **** abysmal poor for the referee .. the league should make an example and retrospectively ban Kane for that , but of course they won’t 

Get the the “zoom” out over the  international break Dean , see if you and the players can work out where you’ve been going wrong the past few months 

What I learned from the match thread is that Southampton and/or Burnley are going to overhaul the 9 point gap with us having played a game more, with just 9 games left. Then we're getting relegated next season. VT has spoken.

• Haha 2

The c-c-c-combo breaker club strike again. On a bad run? Play Villa. Have a player who can’t score? Start him vs Villa. Leaking too many goals? Play Villa. 

For how  many years have we been turning clubs and players fortunes around for them? We literally jump started Leicester’s title win by throwing a game we should have won!

We are being exposed as not having the quality without Jack and our confidence is shot. 

I don’t think we would win a game without him if he were to miss the rest of the games. We could win all of them if he comes back. He’s that important. 

Worrying though. 

Edited by kevpants
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I thought we were poor, but according to the match thread “WE’RE GETTING WELEGATED! WAAAAAAH”

Sad Baby GIF

That's really not what people were saying.  It'd take an unpresedented run of events to see us relegated - pretty much impossible.

However, on current form, I think we are the worst team in the league.  And I do not see that changing.

Blame the covid outbreak or the loss of Grealish if you like, but, we were this bad before both of those events.

DS has been found out, and has no answer.  Simple as that.

Set your team up to play only one way, and eventually you're going to be too predictable.  We are the most predictable team in the league, and I don't think the manager has what it takes to change it.  I'm not even convinced he sees the problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

5 or 6 games in a row " Just a bad game"

Terrible run of form and needs to be addressed - system isn't working now.  

m8, our last fifteen games is averaging relegation challenging form, just over 1 PPG average, aka 40 points average over a season.

we are lucky we had a blistering first 13 games or we would be in serious trouble.

• Like 2

There was a moment in that first half that actually made me laugh, Traore couldnt even be bothered to run 10 yards to challenge for a ball close to the spurs byline, then a minute later Tres runs to get a ball and runs straight under it; That just sums up the quality we have in our wide attacking roles!

That weakness and the subsequent lack of forward momentum puts such pressure on the defence.

The slump from the team when spurs scored said it all!

That was another embarrassing performance! 

Didnt manage a shot in the first hour, against a spurs defence that looked shot to pieces before they took the field.

• Like 2

Absolutely useless. 

Our players posses the decision making skills of 7 year olds. 

Smith hasn't got a clue how to set us up without Grealish and that's a huge concern. 

Season done now, nothing to play for and you can see that in the players. 

Just now, pacbuddies said:

Smith just hasn't got what it takes. He should be sacked at the end of the season and replaced with a top European Manager.

I am creeping back to this view point.

The only thing that clouds this is he turned EVERYTHING around last season (but hasn’t kicked on), Mourihno is a top European manager and he is now terrible so it doesn’t necessarily follow.

• Like 1

Abject display.

Down to Smith for me.

We have the core of a decent team BUT without Jack we cannot play in a 4-3-3.  But he keeps trying the same thing.  

KD did more in 10 mins than Trez did in 70.

Smith needs to shake it up/try something different.

Really awful 2nd half performance. Spurs won that in third gear and without a host of their better players.

The manager looked clueless and needs to rethink formation if Grealish is to be out for more games.

Can’t even see mid table finish after recent performances and if things don’t improve then Smith will need to start worrying about his job as the new owners won’t put up with those type of performances.

Grealish must be thinking I’m gone in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Waste of time watching any other games this season. Best to do more useful things with your life and start again next season, as that what our **** players are doing.

**** all to look forward to other.than dreary mediocrity for a couple of months. Sod that.

That’s the spirit, glory fan.

• Like 1

Â