Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/03/21 at 23:59

6 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

We were dog shit but They didn't even have to work for their 2 goals. You could argue Kate is a cheat but that's modern day football and Cash had time I think to pull out of the tackle.

Let's help Fulham next

spacer.png

Pretty dreadful that a team absolutely screeches to a halt just over half way in. Half a season and then nothing. Our season from here is irrelevant by some people's calculation, we've given up.

We completed our unambitious mission of staying up early, so now we are thinking about next year. Great.

If you are looking to next year already, this season with all its freakiness, was an opportunity for wild card results and final placings with a view to stealing a march. West Ham have taken it, we've imploded.

• Thanks 1

We cant score,

Watkins is working his socks but he cant cope up front on his own. Would love to see two up front. Davis may never score but could hold the ball, take some pressure and man markers off Ollie so that he could get more chances we just keep doing the same thing. Dean makes player changes but not changes in our play, Right back to the joke thread for a week 

• Thanks 1

Not good enough. Far from it actually. We looked quite toothless tbh. Perhaps last seasons endeavors and our superb start to this season, simply has taken its toll. We're in a comfortable position though, and should be able to enjoy what's left of the season. 

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Pretty dreadful that a team absolutely screeches to a halt just over half way in. Half a season and then nothing. Our season from here is irrelevant by some people's calculation, we've given up.

We completed our unambitious mission of staying up early, so now we are thinking about next year. Great.

If you are looking to next year already, this season with all its freakiness, was an opportunity for wild card results and final placings with a view to stealing a march. West Ham have taken it, we've imploded.

Its know as doing a Leeds I believe?

I also didn't like the way a few Spurs players were dying on the floor after a tackle until they realised they had the ball and then quickly returned to their feet. Dont like cheating in any sport but football seem to accept it as part of the game. Kane did it a few times and for the penalty too, even though Cash made it an easy decision

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Woeful decision to bring Sanson off when he was actually looking our best attacking outlet.

Sanson was growing into the game. Barkley is the opposite of energy at present.

• Like 1

Every week we get worse. You lose your best player and the first few games you suffer. Then you adapt and use the tools you have to scrape out points.

Or, you do what Smith does and just keep going at it the same way time and time again, exactly the way we did when we nearly got relegated. Doesn't matter who the opposition is, play the same way. Doesn't matter how the game is going, make the same subs at the same times.

We are possibly the most 'one man' we've ever been. I can't think of a time in the last 30 odd years we've been so dependent on one player. That's a mix of poor recruitment and poor tactics. Luiz is probably only other ok midfielder. Barkley awful. Trez and El Ghazi atrocious. Ramsey too young. Sanson, at best needs time. McGinn really isn't good, he rode a wave, he's been found out... Championship player. You're not going to do much with no midfield.

Got to be pleased we played so well and caught a few teams napping or underestimating as the start of the season as since the turn of the year we've been one of the worst teams in the division. Without Grealish this team is nothing.

Villa kept me going during 2020 lockdown, now it's just another thing to be apathetic, bored and frustrated by. No real point bothering with most things at the moment and Villa now on that list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Blame the covid outbreak or the loss of Grealish if you like, but, we were this bad before both of those events.

We weren’t bad before the covid break.  Go and look at those games, somebody said that the other day and I went and checked, we were still playing good football then.  Post covid we have been poor, with and without Jack.  I’m not saying covid is the issue, I’m just saying we weren’t poor just before covid.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he is good enough, he has just had a couple of poor games.

Davis made him look pants in just ten minutes. Keinan has the strength and power Olly lacks. The obvious thing is to play them both. Keinan on one leg is more dangerous than Traore, Trez, Sanson and Anwar combined !

Edited by Paul33

Just now, The_Steve said:

Sanson was growing into the game. Barkley is the opposite of energy at present.

He looks so far off the pace, doesn't look the same player as start of the season at all.

Â