Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/03/21 at 23:59

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm amazed to see that Konsa has romped Man of the match for this - I thought the first half was the worst he's had this season. 

He is currently the opposite of Mings - can do no wrong.

Targett was our best outfield player. Hit in a nice free kick first half, some other decent crosses and can't remember him being beaten badly from a Spurs move which happened to Cash a few times in second half either side of the penalty.

Just wish he'd shown a bit more composure for the chance he had in first half. Classic case of being caught in two minds as to what to do.

• Like 1

The defence were as bad as Jacks clothing last night, looked like his dad had dressed him for bed . When you have two spurs players at the back post on their own you know the defenders have gone awol, good to see cash back but all he has to do last night was run along side kane, he committed and paid the price. We have no direction without jack and tend to let discipline go  playing without any game plan and leadership.

I don't think the defence is our problem.

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

He is currently the opposite of Mings - can do no wrong.

And in fairness, he's earned it, the standard he's set himself this season is incredibly high - he's been arguably the best centre back in the league. I think last night was the worst game he's had this season, but in fairness I don't think he's had a bad one at all.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think the defence is our problem.

And in fairness, he's earned it, the standard he's set himself this season is incredibly high - he's been arguably the best centre back in the league. I think last night was the worst game he's had this season, but in fairness I don't think he's had a bad one at all.

Well, earned our respect and all of that, but it doesn't mean he's our best player every game. Everyone makes mistakes, and that's fine. Calling them out is ok too (in a nice and humble way of course).

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm amazed to see that Konsa has romped Man of the match for this - I thought the first half was the worst he's had this season. 

“In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is King”

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, thunderball said:

“In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is King”

I still think he was our best player, judging him on the 90 minutes.

I knew when Lucas Moura was playing, we had a problem to face.....it wasn't the first time, either...despite him being not always ever present, in the team.

His quick thinking and quick reactions were too much for our tackle shy midfield.

Â