Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/03/21 at 23:59

Konsa reads the game very well. Nobody else in a claret shirt does.

Dishonourable mentions to Luiz and Traore, who were both pants.

We are in a horrible run of form. Dean has a lot to do over the next 2 weeks to get us back on track.

• Like 1

Some quality in midfield required.  We need something to happen in the middle.  A bit of movement off the ball, someone to take it the ball on the half turn and someone to get forwards and want to shoot.

I thought McGinn would be that person, but he isn't I don't think.

Really rubbish: Clueless, disjointed, poor performances, players starting based on form shown 12 months ago, total lack of ideas on how to score. We are suddenly so poor in attack it’s unreal, we don’t look like we will score again.

Something needs to change, a real shake up is needed.

Poor!

Squad depth in the attacking areas has killed us but can’t complain given we are only in the second season of building a squad.  

Same issues as we have been talking about the last few days, we need that quality in the summer.

We always suck against Spurs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Didn't play too badly in large phases of the game. But never looked like scoring. Confidence looks shot going forward, and a complete lack of quality. 

We had a good 5-10 minute spell in the second half. AEG was lively.

The penalty killed it.

The engine of the midfield is hampering us - both in retention and creating attacking plays. It means we become too reliant on wing play when the crossing was poor tonight.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

I’m not a violent man. Never been in a fight. Never punched anyone. But...but. If I ever see Harry Kane out and about. What a complete and utter insult to the game he is. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Waste of time watching any other games this season. Best to do more useful things with your life and start again next season, as that what our **** players are doing.

**** all to look forward to other.than dreary mediocrity for a couple of months. Sod that.

Fair point but I will absolutely take that over what we had last season

There are better teams in the bottom three at the moment. Our team is full of either poor players or good players playing poorly. Why do we continue playing McGinn as DM when he should be AM as he has the creativity and drive to make things happen ? What is up with Luiz ..... he is Championship standard at the moment. Traore is complete w*nk and Davis did more in ten minutes than Watkins did in 90. Really poor performance from so many tonight.

• Like 1

Â