Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could you see Barry battling with defenders Watkins has to.fight tooth and nail to get things from? Smh

He is a kid ffs, and not a well built one.

Yes I can see him doing just that. You don't have to be a brute to play football, you just have to know how to use that strength and you learn that the more you play. It's a learning process and all Youths will only learn when you put them against better players. Barry might not even get one inch taller for all we know, he may never see another bit of muscle increase, so let's just keep someone back because of how there body is. I don't think I have heard something so silly when players like Barry use a different way of playing than using there strength, it's called knowledge and being Technically gifted.

Is funny but you never hear other clubs fans going off like some of our fans do about the youths and keeping them in the house grounded. 

Watkins does fight for everything because we can't service him properly most of the time but that's not the subject of talk, what I was pointing out is that Barry would be a miles better sub than Davis and he would.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Newcastles' 2 best chances has been that Mings pass home to Emi and that header just now from Targett.

We have created even less but Clark is still on the pitch for Newcastle so always a chance. Seems unlikely that either team will create anything intentionally.

I’d have Barkley on for Luiz now.

We have a very decent midfield squad, but they don’t play well together and never at the same time. They are all OK but no one is making a case for being undroppable for anyone else.

If anything Nakamba maybe releases the other two as he is more conservative. I think McGinn needs a couple of games out to re-centre.

We're getting better and building with confidence.  The players need to remember that the Newcastle side are absolutely pants and we need to get at them.  I'm liking what I'm starting to see. 

This is bloody awful all our patterns of play - 

Carry ball to edge of box. Don't know what to do with it, crap blocked shot. 

Break and Watkins pulled out to a wing. Nobody in the box. Cleared. 

Work it painfully slowly up a wing and put in a poor cross to non target man Watkins. Cleared. 

Repeat forever and make Clark look like Maldini