Pre match thread

mottaloo

Everyone apart from Cash and Wesley looks to be back for this one.

They have Wilson, Saint-Maximin and Almiron out. Their only 3 half decent players.

We really should be smashing these.

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

This is going to be a horrible game!

If we thought Sheffield lined up defensive this will take it to new levels. If you combine that with our lack of guile and creativity we are going to be in for a long game!

I think Newcastle are too confident in themselves to line up the way Sheffield Utd do. I don't know why. They're just as bad, but for whatever reason the daft bastards will probably come at us. I'd be disappointed if we can't win this one. Especially having seen the way we managed to play against Wolves without Jack.  With a bit of luck they're sitting in the bottom 3 next week.

Difficult one to call as Newcastle are only two points outside the drop-zone and will be pumped up for this one whereas one or two of our players look like they are on the beach already. Dont want any passengers in this game! 

Edited by PaulC

The thing is if we don't keep winning and everybody above us do, then our European hopes could be dented but let's hope I am wrong.

For the Newcastle game I reckon they'll try and park the bus on us with how they defend. Bruce did play attacking on some previous games but they never worked because they were always caught on the break.

I really don't care too much for Newcastle as a team, they don't play very attractive football & seem to lack any ambition other than avoiding relegation. I would much rather Fulham stay up & Newcastle get relegated.

Edited by gurru991
Spelling
  • Like 1

Really looking forward to it. No pressure on us and we know all too well how it feels to be in Newcastle's shoes. We may lose but it wont be the end of the world, the fun between now an the end of the season is seeing how high we can go!

This team and players have got us to be in this position. I hope they enjoy playing against Newcastle. We play better when having fun anyway.

have  mentioned how much I am enjoying this season? :) I am.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darrenm said:

Everyone apart from Cash and Wesley looks to be back for this one.

They have Wilson, Saint-Maximin and Almiron out. Their only 3 half decent players.

We really should be smashing these.

Grealish back?

22 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If Grealish is back we win if he isn't we draw.

We beat Leeds without Jack, they are a much better side than Newcastle. I think Bruce will set out to frustrate and just have 11 men behind the ball and try and 0-0 his way out of trouble, it’s really the only way he knows how.

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We beat Leeds without Jack, they are a much better side than Newcastle. I think Bruce will set out to frustrate and just have 11 men behind the ball and try and 0-0 his way out of trouble, it’s really the only way he knows how.

I think Leeds are in the middle of a Bielsa burnout

Our record at St James Park is shocking over the years, wouldnt be surprised if its a draw. We havent won there since 2004/05 and think 7 times in our history

Edited by Zatman

So I think we have some set in stone:

--------------------------Martinez--------------------------

Elmo-----------Konsa-------Mings---------Targett

---------------------------xxxxxxx---------------------------

-------------xxxxxxxx--------------xxxxxxx------------

xxxxxxxxx--------------------------------------Grealish

----------------------------Watkins--------------------------

Which provided that Grealish is fit and Cash isn't fit I don't think anyone would disagree with?

For me I think the midfield three looked really good in the first half against Wolves and I'd stick with them, so:

--------------------------Martinez--------------------------

Elmo-----------Konsa-------Mings---------Targett

------------------------------Luiz------------------------------

-------------Sanson--------------McGinn----------------

xxxxxxxxx--------------------------------------Grealish

----------------------------Watkins--------------------------

But I'm torn for who should be on the right - do we go with the busy industry of Trezeguet or the lazily brilliant Traore, or even the always productive El Ghazi?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

But I'm torn for who should be on the right - do we go with the busy industry of Trezeguet or the lazily brilliant Traore, or even the always productive El Ghazi?

It's got to be Traore for me, even when he has a quieter game (Leicester (h), Sheffield United (a), Wolves (h) etc) he still creates problems for the opposition and has a decent goal tally behind him, he is capable of pulling something out of nothing as well like that brilliant jinking dance against Sheffield United that he probably should have finished.

• Like 3