Pre-Match Thread

blunther

Big chance to pick up back to back wins. With this game coming fast I'd like to see a couple of changes:

Martinez

Elmo - Konsa - Mings - Targett

Sanson - Marv

Trez - Barkley - El Ghazi

Watkins

Sanson has shown enough in his cameos to have a go at starting, and it's a good chance to give McGinn a break. 

I think starting both Traore and Barkley leaves us a little light, so I'd put Trez in and see if being dropped has put a rocket up Barkley. Traore is a great option to have on the bench if we need it, and it gives us a few ways to change up depending on how the game is going.

I'd love to batter these and improve our GD. 

Heaton

Elmo  Konsa  Mings  Targett 

Nakamba  Sanson

Grealish

Traore                AEG 

Watkins 

• Like 1

Assuming Grealish isn't going to be available:

Martinez 

Elmo      Konsa       Mings        Targett

Nakamba

Douglas          Sanson 

Traore           Watkins            El Ghazi

• Like 1

I couldn't care less who plays as long as Nakamba plays as a 6 and with two box to box midfielders. 

This season has shown us that last season no one really knew how to set up against these. This season they've been exposed.

If we're on song we can easily put 5/6 against them. But if it's been like the post Covid performances then a scrappy one nil. 

32 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Even if Jack has an outside chance of being fit for this I'd prefer to see him rested.

McGinn too, get Sanson in for a full ninety minutes.

McGinn needs a rest for sure. Jack is not playing this game, I think that's pretty clear. Even if he was back to fitness, and his lack of training shows he isn't, he certainly wouldn't be risked against the bottom club in the league. 

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Assuming Grealish isn't going to be available:

Martinez 

Elmo      Konsa       Mings        Targett

Nakamba

Douglas          Sanson 

Traore           Watkins            El Ghazi

Leaving McGuinn and Barclay on the bench, can't argue with that. Not so sure about Luiz though. I'd go Ramsey.

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sheff Utd aren't as bad as some people are making them out to be.

Yeah,  After 25 games and only 3 wins, 2 draws with only 15 goals scored and 41 against and amassing a grand total of 11 points  says that as well !!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1-0. Sheff United don't get battered, the are resilient and solid but have minimal goal threat, that's been their problem all season. We need to be clinical in chances that emerge as they won't give us loads. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'd love to batter these and improve our GD. 

Heaton

Elmo  Konsa  Mings  Targett 

Nakamba  Sanson

Grealish

Traore                AEG 

Watkins 

Why Heaton can I ask? 😂

Edit:- Just seen on MOTD that Heaton was giving Martinez painkillers! Fingers crossed just a headache!

Edited by SuperTed
Martinez injured?

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Why Heaton can I ask? 😂

Edit:- Just seen on MOTD that Heaton was giving Martinez painkillers! Fingers crossed just a headache!

Smith confirmed Emi had a tight groin which is why he was given pain killers and not taking the goal kicks. 

Hopefully Martinez is fit but Heaton is a great replacement. Hopefully Jack is back at least on the bench. We might need his invention to unlock SU.

I'd go with the same starting 11 as Leeds if Martinez is fit. Marv was brilliant and seems to work well with McGinn. JJ might have a bit more room to work in. 

We will have a lot more of the ball in this game, so id put in Doug for the holding role to rest Marv for Wolves on Saturday. 

Id also put Barkley back in for either Ramsey, or even Mcginn. Hopefully the resting will do him some good as we will need quality to break Sheff down.

The important lesson has to be the use of rotation in the midfield; We looked so much better for the fresh legs yesterday.

• Haha 1