Pre-Match Thread

blunther

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We will have a lot more of the ball in this game, so id put in Doug for the holding role to rest Marv for Wolves on Saturday. 

Id also put Barkley back in for either Ramsey, or even Mcginn. Hopefully the resting will do him some good as we will need quality to break Sheff down.

The important lesson has to be the use of rotation in the midfield; We looked so much better for the fresh legs yesterday.

I like the idea of Barkley coming on for the last 10-15 minutes to wreak havoc with his power and pace against tired players. I've soured on him starting ahead of our own players when he's demonstrated that he's not that interested in putting in the necessary work.

• Like 4

I guess a Liverpool win today might help us a bit because that really would be curtains for Sheffield, realistically, and it might leave their morale a bit lower still. On the other hand, alternatively, it could result in them starting to play with more freedom and a bit more relaxed if a few of their players decided their chances of staying up were over.

32 minutes ago, chappy said:

I’ve been unfortunate enough to have been sat in the home end at Bramall Lane for our last two visits, think it’s 6-1 to them over the two. Hope we can exact some revenge in my absence.

Revenge !!!  😬

It's actually tough to see how we are going to line up, in midfield at least.

Nakamba deserves to keep his place but is he too defensive and limited in his passing for this one?

Should Barkley come in again? Ramsey did nothing wrong. Smith could also possibly rest McGinn for Sanson. I'm honestly not sure how I would line up.

Key to play Sheffield United is don't do anything silly in first half. Despite their terrible run they're usually right in games at half time (as shown tonight) but usually get ground down in second half.

I'd largely keep the 11 to what we played yesterday unless Jack is fit but this is game where some of the subs can make an impact. Think we'll win 0-2.

40 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tough team to score against. Mane, Firmino, Salah, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold et al haven't managed to in 45 minutes

Only because Ramsdale played out of his skin in the first half. Sheffield are piss poor all over the park. Their defence gets tied in knots when players run at them, their midfield has no quality or creativity and their forward line is as potent as a chocolate button.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Then why did they beat Man Utd?

If they are so bad?

They got lucky Man Utd had an off day it happens, it doesn’t disguise the fact they  are a very poor team this season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bose said:

It's actually tough to see how we are going to line up, in midfield at least.

Nakamba deserves to keep his place but is he too defensive and limited in his passing for this one?

Should Barkley come in again? Ramsey did nothing wrong. Smith could also possibly rest McGinn for Sanson. I'm honestly not sure how I would line up.

If Ramsey is part of our future why take him out now against the bottom of the league, let him play and develop, we don’t actually need to play Barkley anymore.. Perhaps Nakamba’s presence allows other around him to flourish and I’m not convinced his passing is that limited given his job is to get the ball and give it to the nearest teammate. He can’t be doing too bad as we haven’t conceded when he has played recently.