Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Bailey would be great as the 10. Drifting right as Buendia drifts inside. And looking to get in the right channel, and in behind. That would be scary, as Watkins likes to work the left channel and links up well with Jack. 

Left, right, centre defenders buried everywhere.

Cahill rejected new contract at Palace. Wouldn't be my favoured option but potentially an option on a free?

Not sure it's the route I'd like us to go down but links to CBs are very thin at the moment and he could do a job for a year

Edited by HalfTimePost

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Cahill rejected new contract at Palace. Wouldn't be my favoured option but potentially an option on a free?

Not sure it's the route I'd like us to go down but links to CBs are very thin at the moment and he could do a job for a year

No thanks, he's well past it now I think.

I think we could do worse than Cahill as a backup to Konsa tbh, he played 20 games in the Premier League last season so I think he'd have more than enough in the tank to be a reliable back up. He also is an experienced winner like Young. It just depends if the coaching staff believe they can replace him in the next year or so with a prospect from the youth team. If they think they can then Cahill would tick a lot of boxes, but if they don't think any of the younger centre backs will be ready for the step up in the next season then we're better off shopping elsewhere for a more long term option.

• Like 1

If he was on £40k-50k per week or less, and it was a one year deal, and meant we could put some more budget in to (in my opinion) more pressing issues, then I’d be fine with it. We could then address the position properly next year. There might also be a ready made replacement in the youth side a year down the line, which is what we may have to think about soon. There needs to be a roadmap (god I hate that word) to the first team squad, otherwise we’ll potentially see a mass exodus ala Chelsea. 

• Like 1

I also feel like Cahill could be a nice replacement for Terry in a year too. Backup to Konsa for a year helping him out but also valuable asset for Revan and Bogarde to learn from. And then replaces Terry as Assistant Coch in a year's time.

Could be a win win and allow us to spend more cash on the XI positions of need.

Although one thing, out of all the promising youth we have, the CBs im least convinced on. Bogarde has some serious potential but I feel like he moves into midfield. Revan I'm not sure on at all. If there was one position I'd anticipate us prioritising new signings over promotion from youth, it would be CB.

GK, RB, LB (particularly if we sign Small), CM, Winger and Striker, I feel like we have solid options in the youth team that have a serious chance of making a decent career for themselves. I don't feel the same about the CBs in the squad just yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

If he was on £40k-50k per week or less, and it was a one year deal, and meant we could put some more budget in to (in my opinion) more pressing issues, then I’d be fine with it. We could then address the position properly next year. There might also be a ready made replacement in the youth side a year down the line, which is what we may have to think about soon. There needs to be a roadmap (god I hate that word) to the first team squad, otherwise we’ll potentially see a mass exodus ala Chelsea. 

Thought Bogarde looked great last night, but probably 2 years and a loan or two away yet. 

• Like 1

Am quietly convinced we're waiting for Jack to return and either sign the contract or not before deciding which targets to make firm offers for.

I'd imagine we've put out feelers for a few, but Lange probably doesn't want to throw down another £30m until we know whether we need to replace Jack or not.

Before the bandwagon jumps on, I'm not suggesting that I think Jack will go, but we all have to admit it's still a possibility; I'm sure those in charge of our transfers have multiple plans on the table.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Am quietly convinced we're waiting for Jack to return and either sign the contract or not before deciding which targets to make firm offers for.

I'd imagine we've put out feelers for a few, but Lange probably doesn't want to throw down another £30m until we know whether we need to replace Jack or not.

Before the bandwagon jumps on, I'm not suggesting that I think Jack will go, but we all have to admit it's still a possibility; I'm sure those in charge of our transfers have multiple plans on the table.

I'd be amazed if Jack isn't already signed and we're just awaiting his return for photo ops.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'd be amazed if Jack isn't already signed and we're just awaiting his return for photo ops.

Really, though? Amazed is pretty strong. What makes you think he signed a new contract between end of League & start of Euros? 

I can't see it at all. I imagine he'll have told the club he'll make his decision when he returns from hols.

Jack will promote the away kit on the 30th with a new contract as well as a feature on the European Cup and how we want to try for it again in the next few years.

Maybe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

You get me so pumped up, Phil. 

Its happening, there is no other destination that is feasible. He would probably command a world record transfer fee, his agent will demand highest earner status and guaranteed starter if fit, it rocks the boat at the very few that could possibly afford it and other top players will kicking the boardroom door in at their clubs and demand parity with Jack.

The tremors through the industry are immeasurable and football simply cannot afford it right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Its happening, there is no other destination that is feasible. He would probably command a world record transfer fee, his agent will demand highest earner status and guaranteed starter if fit, it rocks the boat at the very few that could possibly afford it and other top players will kicking the boardroom door in at their clubs and demand parity with Jack.

The tremors through the industry are immeasurable and football simply cannot afford it right now.

comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

• Haha 1

The tremors through the industry are immeasurable? Sorry mate but that's hyberbolic nonsense

It would just be another in a long list of overinflated transfer fees

Let's not forget Harry Maguire cost £80m and makes £200k p/w

Jack going for £100m and earning similar wages is not going to send 'tremors through the industry'.

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Really, though? Amazed is pretty strong. What makes you think he signed a new contract between end of League & start of Euros? 

I can't see it at all. I imagine he'll have told the club he'll make his decision when he returns from hols.

Already posted why I think he stays and I'd add that what we see on TV and social media is virtually all crap always, he's happy here and he knows what NWSE are here for, he is our flagship and we will not sell and he will not demand to leave, I've felt this way since before last summer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The tremors through the industry are immeasurable? Sorry mate but that's hyberbolic nonsense

It would just be another in a long list of overinflated transfer fees

Let's not forget Harry Maguire cost £80m and makes £200k p/w

Jack going for £100m and earning similar wages is not going to send 'tremors through the industry'.

You underestimate how much he would go for and how big a deal it would be, also the world is in a different place financially right, its like a perfect storm.

I'm a glass 9/10s full kinda chap and I love the way that all sounds, I'm a dreamer and I can see trophies, it's happening, jump on board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

You underestimate how much he would go for and how big a deal it would be, also the world is in a different place financially right, its like a perfect storm.

I'm a glass 9/10s full kinda chap and I love the way that all sounds, I'm a dreamer and I can see trophies, it's happening, jump on board.

Flying The X Files GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski