Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

37 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sad Will Ferrell GIF

20 minutes ago, Awol said:

I saw the same interview as well mate, on a Football feature on TV, so that's from the horses mouth.

He dec9ided to stay and help get "his club " up etc.

They left the decision to him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I saw the same interview as well mate, on a Football feature on TV, so that's from the horses mouth.

He dec9ided to stay and help get "his club " up etc.

They left the decision to him.

Fair play to him too, the loyalty speaks volumes about his character. Would still love him at Villa though if he ever changed his mind. 

• Like 2

See Maddison to Arsenal is trending. May well be BS but if there is something in it may provide some logic around our pursuit of Smith Rowe, will be a big big deal for Arsenal to do financially and will nudge ESR down the ranks. 

Edited by villaglint

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

See Maddison to Arsenal is trending. May well be BS but if there is something in it may provide some logic around our pursuit of Smith Rowe, will be a big big deal for Arsenal to do financially and will nudge ESR down the ranks. 

Maddison to Arsenal has been knocking around for weeks. I don't think will happen. Arsenal are in massive debt and need to get rid of load of high wage players first

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Maddison to Arsenal has been knocking around for weeks. I don't think will happen. Arsenal are in massive debt and need to get rid of load of high wage players first

But but but they are spending 250m this summer…..😂

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Or generate revenue through sales… wonder who they could shift for pure profit? 

4 hours ago, Awol said:

That’s wrong. Leeds agreed to sell, Phillips grandmother told him not to make the move and stay with Leeds. He talked about it in an interview fairly recently. 

Tbf she was right. He’s gone from strength to strength. Not saying he wouldn’t have progressed at Villa but it’s a bit like Jack isn’t it. There’s a good project going on at Leeds and he is their number 1 golden boy. Why surrender that kind of adoration? And it pains me to say, if you are going to give that up it’s not to move to Aston Villa…

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

And we wonder why other fans look down their noses at us. 

You're another one convinced that any player would be desperate to come and play for us, whatever league position (or division) we are in and wages we could offer them?

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

Tbf she was right. He’s gone from strength to strength. Not saying he wouldn’t have progressed at Villa but it’s a bit like Jack isn’t it. There’s a good project going on at Leeds and he is their number 1 golden boy. Why surrender that kind of adoration? And it pains me to say, if you are going to give that up it’s not to move to Aston Villa…

Is right

Would be like grealish signing for Newcastle or wolves because he believed in their project more than ours and they were a year ahead

If he's a leeds boy and their fans main man then it's not hard to understand why he stayed

We would be a very good team with him in the middle though... A midfield of phillips mcginn and Luiz (assuming we got Nakamba instead) would be flirting with Europe 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

You're another one convinced that any player would be desperate to come and play for us, whatever league position (or division) we are in and wages we could offer them?

No I’m convinced that we are an attractive, extremely well run and financed club on the up and I’m amused when fans of other clubs look at us with disdain, as a club living off past glories who are now just also rans in the brave new world of the “Big Six”. I don’t find that surprising as I don’t expect them to be particularly up to date with our owners, the progress we have made and are continuing to make or our ambitions. As fans of other clubs I also expect them not to want to see us in a positive light. 

I’m not sure what your excuses are? By the way we are in the PL and finished 11th last season. Our clear ambitions are to achieve entry into European competition in the short term and in the long term to compete at the very top of the English Premier League and Europe. Try Google if you need any more information. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

No I’m convinced that we are an attractive, extremely well run and financed club on the up and I’m amused when fans of other clubs look at us with disdain, as a club living off past glories who are now just also rans in the brave new world of the “Big Six”. I don’t find that surprising as I don’t expect them to be particularly up to date with our owners, the progress we have made and are continuing to make or our ambitions. As fans of other clubs I also expect them not to want to see us in a positive light. 

I’m not sure what your excuses are? By the way we are in the PL and finished 11th last season. Our clear ambitions are to achieve entry into European competition in the short term and in the long term to compete at the very top of the English Premier League and Europe. Try Google if you need any more information. 

Cool. Except we were talking about two years ago, when we were newly promoted and favourites to go straight back down and there was very little evidence of any of the above.

Also, if Kalvin Phillips could magically see into the future he'd probably point out Leeds finished above us this season, so I don't know why you're getting arsey with posters suggesting that their equivalent of Grealish might not jump at the chance to leave and come here.

I'm just getting a bit sick of people like you jumping on anyone that suggests were are not yet a top tier club. Hopefully we will be soon, but it's not heretical to acknowledge we can't yet offer CL football, Barcelona / Real Madrid pedigree or Man City wages. 

• Like 4