Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

25 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Just stumbled upon Gregg Evans latest ITK masterpiece on Twitter. What a clearing in the woods

I haven't read it. And I never will. But I agree 100%.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

My prediction is the press will now be linking us heavily with Ali and and McNeil now ESR is a defo no goer … 

Is def a no goer? Has it been confirmed? I’ve only seen Seth Rogen lookalike comment on it.  Have I missed it?

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Is def a no goer? Has it been confirmed? I’ve only seen Seth Rogen lookalike comment on it.  Have I missed it?

Nothing confirmed at all. He’s been “on the verge of signing” for 6 months 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Nothing confirmed at all. He’s been “on the verge of signing” for 6 months 

Oh ok, thought something had happened.

It’s all very bizarre how long it’s taking for them, our interest and it’s still going.  Hope there is resolution soon between him either staying there or coming here…I really want him here but it’s all becoming a little boring now.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Oh ok, thought something had happened.

It’s all very bizarre how long it’s taking for them, our interest and it’s still going.  Hope there is resolution soon between him either staying there or coming here…I really want him here but it’s all becoming a little boring now.

Yep, clearly a lot going on behind the scenes. I’m not that bothered either way as it’s a win win for us (Arsenal lose out either way). I also trust our recruitment team to make the right choice should we miss out on ESR. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yep, clearly a lot going on behind the scenes. I’m not that bothered either way as it’s a win win for us (Arsenal lose out either way). I also trust our recruitment team to make the right choice should we miss out on ESR. 

Completely agree.  Obviously I have people I’d like us to buy but I’m convinced I’ll be happy with whatever our team do because they’ve done well so far.

Wasn’t it confirmed that our interest in Matheus Pereira was linked to Buendia deal and we are no longer interested… Alvarez is the one I want next, then either Giorgian de Arrascaeta or Christoph Baumgartner if ESR does sign his new contract for ACM . 

Edited by thabucks

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Giorgian de Arrascaeta

Based on nothing other than ESR’s age and the fact there’s been nothing other than one overseas link, not sure this one has legs personally. Would love to be proved wrong though as he’s a baller. Bicycle or scissor kicks anyone?!?

I’d like Paqueta at Lyon personally, only 23 and starting to get some real recognition in the Brazil team. 

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Wasn’t it confirmed that our interest in Matheus Pereira was linked to Buendia deal and we are no longer interested… Alvarez is the one I want next, then either Giorgian de Arrascaeta or Christoph Baumgartner if ESR does sign his new contract for ACM . 

Have we been linked to either of those? Very interesting names

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Have we been linked to either of those? Very interesting names

We’ve not been linked to Baumgartner and just been reading his aim is to stay at hoffenheim. Was impressed by hinat the Euros. Another player I like the look of is Jesper Lindstrom from Brondby - 21 YO ACM with 11 goals and 11 assists last season for them. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've just popped on to the thread for a quick catch up. Nothing new.

Why do we react to every bit of know nothing clickbait?

Villa know what they're trying to do, Evans and Co do not.

To be fair... speculation is for speculating on.

Edited by est1874

Football Insider: Villa might need to sell senior stars to fund Winks move according to Hutton.

Anyone actually clicking this utter **** garbage needs throat punching.