Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 hours ago, rayk said:

I know this isn’t the Academy or U23 thread but you have to admire the club’s new strategy of bringing in the best youngsters they can.

I mean, we won the FA Youth Cup  last season and a lot of clubs would have sat back and thought we’ve saved £50m+.

But what have we done? We’ve said that’s gone now and we’ve signed Feeny, Pierre, Burchall and (up the age range) Tim Ironbrew (😉).

What those 4 signings mean is that every player in that U18 squad will be looking over their shoulder as to whose coming through and that’s easily the best way to get the best out of the players that did win the FA Youth Cup.

Not only is it a good use of money but some of these players may have become unobtainable to a club like ours in 5 years.

19 hours ago, Wes said:

Barcelona 18 year old central midfielder Ilaix Moriba has one year left on his contract and won't sign a new one with them because he wants a higher salary than what they're offering at the moment. He's not taking part in their pre-season as a result. We know Barcelona need money so he is likely to be sold.

Every Premier League club forum will now likely have a post like this one - we should try and get him.

It seems he’s good mates with a certain Louie Barry as well. 

Iroegbunam is an interesting one, he's a couple of years older than the players we normally sign for the U18s/U23s, which tells me we aren't potentially signing him with the intention of playing him at that level for level long, maybe a season at the most. Which would also explain the links to an older DM like Romeu, someone who can play for a couple of seasons until Iroegbunam is hopefully ready to come in...

Although having watched Iroegbunam a few times last season he seemed more of a box-to-box midfielder to me, looked good both defensively and going forward.

Albion have a lot of good players in their academy sides so him winning their academy player of the season is a good sign, was training with their first team and made the bench for the last game, with talk that he was going to play in the championship next season.

I dont want no Winks or Hughes They aren't players that sound like top six to me, hopefully we can find the players that can signal intent and push us in the right direction. Would love ESR but lets face it never going to happen he’s committed to them. 

• Like 1

Apologies of already posted

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As reported by L’Équipe &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/EspoirsduFoot?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@EspoirsduFoot</a>, the Boubacar Kamara (21) situation is causing concern at Marseille - they’ve offered him out everywhere but no bids this early in the window - OM need to raise through sales &amp; he could go for as little as €15m + bonuses. Big opportunity.</p>&mdash; Get French Football News (@GFFN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1413790170500014080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Just copy and paste the URL. They auto embed

Immediately after you paste you might need to 'switch to plain text' via the little pop up at the bottom of the message box. I think it depends on your browser and/or your copy/paste settings. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Thanks 1

Its crazy to think we’ve just signed a player who was playing for us when i was still in school. Going to feel like ive stepped into a time machine. Anyhow Alvarez would be the type of signing we are looking for as he wouldn’t expect to start as he would be the guy to replace watkins for the last 10/15 mins of a match and can start when ollie needs a rest. And of course can switch on the wing too. Delle Alli would be perfect to replace Barkley’s position if he wasn't so lazy. Danny Ings would expect to start each game and we wouldn’t replace Watkins so thats gonna be a no

A manager like DS could actually get him going but we need to make sure we get that spot on!... I expect Carney chukwuemeka to come on for the last 10/15 and replace in those areas. Do the management team see Douglas Luiz as good enough in that position im not so sure

Edited by RicRic

I think a new No10 is nailed on, whoever it might be. They’ll be supported by Chuk,  perhaps A Ramsay too in the cup games.

I think the talk of Alvarez is to have cover for the ST/FW position due to suspensions and as a safety net for Wesley’s return. 

I think a DM is next on our agenda, mainly to give us strategic scope for certain games. I know Nakamba did well and is a great pro but basically him with better passing/creativity stats. 

Then all we’d really need is CB cover. 

I’d like more granted but that’s how I see it.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Kamara would be the perfect signing for what we need as he covers 2 positions. He’s a quality DM but can also play CB if need be. Totally worth it.

And likely much better value for money compared to PL or Championship players of similar ability.

Every signing is a gamble and the usual caveats.

• Like 2