Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Watching Arsenal at the moment. They just commented on Odergaard and wondering about Arsenal finances in the summer.  

They are frugal so if the Arsenal owners didn’t buy him, anybody focused on him enough to see whether we should be interested?

From what I read when he signed for Madrid he’s on 38k per week...so it’s not like wages would kill us but I haven’t focused on him to know if he’s worth the punt.  Obviously he’s had many positive headlines in his early years.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think Ollie is much better technically than Trez. Last 10 minutes v Wolves we pushed him wide and he won a couple of corners with some nice movement and dribbling.

Ollie can still have big impact on games just as likes of Rashford and Son do from wide positions in front 3 and Aubameyang also played wide quite a bit this season.

I think Ollie knows what to do with a ball even if he can and it comes down to Just holding onto it because he has no where else to go and no one is in sight to pass it off to.

I feel Ghazi and Trezegeut do not have that insight as Ollie does, they get the ball and if it goes no where it's back in the hands of opponents where if Watkins has it alot of the time you know something can be made out of nothing sometimes. I think you can add Trez and Ghazi together times them by four and still not get the player Ollie is 😂.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, at the end of the day the point is it gives you options. If you've got two strikers who don't suck, you can do different formations, and it's not the end of the world if the main one gets injured.

That's why we feel like we have nothing when the Davis card is played, I've come to the point now when Smith puts Davis on the pitch that's it it's game over 🤣.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Watching Arsenal at the moment. They just commented on Odergaard and wondering about Arsenal finances in the summer.  

They are frugal so if the Arsenal owners didn’t buy him, anybody focused on him enough to see whether we should be interested?

From what I read when he signed for Madrid he’s on 38k per week...so it’s not like wages would kill us but I haven’t focused on him to know if he’s worth the punt.  Obviously he’s had many positive headlines in his early years.

They should maybe get some staff back and sell Ozil before thinking of anything else, did they ever get rid of him??, 350k a week and firing everyone who makes the club work. Then went and splashed a crazy amount this summer gone didn't they despite being in a spot of bother, Arsenal have lost the plot lol.

Sure they are the English version of Barca.

Edited by Dave-R

54 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If he were available for purchase it should be something we seriously consider

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

They should maybe get some staff back and sell Ozil before thinking of anything else, 350k a week and firing everyone who makes the club work. Then went and splashed a crazy amount this summer gone didn't they despite being in a spot of bother, Arsenal have lost the plot lol.

Sure they are the English version of Barca.

Ozil went to turkey in January didn’t he?

• Like 1

Just now, paul514 said:

Ozil went to turkey in January didn’t he?

I'm not sure lol, they are just a cracked up club who haven't got a clue where the heads are at.

I'm surprised anyone could give Ozil those wages or even wanted to.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They'll probably get Odegaard on season long loan or he'll get another chance at Real Madrid if they sack Zidane.

Yes, I think he will get another chance at Madrid if they get rid of Zidane as well.

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That's why we feel like we have nothing when the Davis card is played, I've come to the point now when Smith puts Davis on the pitch that's it it's game over 🤣.

Wesley means the Davis card will stop being played so to speak.

12 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That's why we feel like we have nothing when the Davis card is played, I've come to the point now when Smith puts Davis on the pitch that's it it's game over 🤣.

It is. Which is why it's so unfair to judge Davis on those minutes. He comes on now and then to a team in a losing position, who hasn't looked like scoring all night. 

And when his strongest asset is to bring others into scoring positions, not scoring himself. That becomes a problem. And ridiculously unfair.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It is. Which is why it's so unfair to judge Davis on those minutes. He comes on now and then to a team in a losing position, who hasn't looked like scoring all night. 

And when his strongest asset is to bring others into scoring positions, not scoring himself. That becomes a problem. And ridiculously unfair.

It's not unfair.... he's a severely limited player at this level. If he wasn't he start a game once in a while.

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

Next to no chance Madrid sell him. They need him for their own squad.

I think Davis is very fortunate to be sitting on the bench for a mid table premier league club.

I think he will eventually be a lower end championship striker which will still be a great achievement. A year long loan next year to see if he can cut it with regular football would make a lot of sense.

edit: that’s after we sign another striker or Wesley is able to fully return at this level.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Next to no chance Madrid sell him. They need him for their own squad.

yep, more likely that madrid will try and shift isco and asensio in the summer and modric is leaving on a free i think meaning that some of these youngsters get a chance....until they sign someone that they dont need but sells shirts for £100m who can play golf with hazard and bale