Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Saying Traore isn't good enough to start next season is ridiculous. Are we Man City? Guy was phenomenal for us for a debut season and will only get better. 

Haha. No.

Watkins was phenomenal. Arguably also Cash.

Traore. Hah.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Find all the stick Zaha gets a bit weird. He's definitely the type of player that you love to have for you and hate to have against you as he's talented and a wind-up merchant, but the Palace fans love him and I've never really seen where all this "bad attitude/effect on the squad" comes into it. Even if you Google it, it just seems to be an accusation he gets with no tangible evidence. Could be wrong of course.

Must caveat this by saying that isn't me arguing in favour of signing him or anything. Never happening in a million years of course, just an aside is all.

Nah he's definitely a good player, I think it's age vs. value and our overall strategy which has been ruling it out from the jump.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah, Zaha has somewhere like West Ham or Spurs written all over it.

I'd prefer for them to waste money on assets with no sell on value.

Ha, this has made my day, 2 of London's finest bags of sh1t.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Buendia is significantly younger and not on a short contract.

zaha has 2 years left. buendia has 3 years left. not a massive difference

zaha is their jack...they will absolutely demand more than 40m

Traoré's a good attacker. Needs to be more ruthless. Can't defend for shit. Don't think I've ever seen a player as bad in defence as him, and just witnessed Barkley for a full season. Difference is Ross wasn't trying. Bertie tries and somehow manages to make things worse.

His technique on the ball and the things he can do with it are insane sometimes though. Just needs more consistency.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Sorry, what part of this is ridiculous? 
You say we have seen players improve after their first season, do they turn into completely different players?

If not, it isn’t ‘ridiculous’.

I agree. There was nothing ridiculous about that. Currently we have only El Ghazi and Traore who are out and out wide players now that Trezeguet is out for the rest of the year (not counting any youngsters who are an unknown quantity at this stage). That's not enough depth and you never stop looking for ways to improve what you already have so why not look for something better? Competition for places also should improve players more than letting them being guaranteed starters too.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Traoré's a good attacker. Needs to be more ruthless. Can't defend for shit. Don't think I've ever seen a player as bad in defence as him, and just witnessed Barkley for a full season. Difference is Ross wasn't trying. Bertie tries and somehow manages to make things worse.

His technique on the ball and the things he can do with it are insane sometimes though. Just needs more consistency.

If goal scorers in the final third can do the magic he does I'm prepared to give some leeway on defensive duty. Richarlison was mentioned earlier as a second striker that is better than Traore. Same amount of goals this season and Richarlison cost 50 million several seasons ago

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I never said change his position. The whole time it's pointing out Smith said when we signed him added bonus is he can play through the middle. He is an option 

He would be more of a last resort during a major injury crisis than a genuine option.

Shocking how some of our own get shocked and upset about their fellow supporters having differing opinions to their own. Doubt Bertie gets subbed off more then most because Smith thinks he has been phenomenal. If he can improve his overall game and save us millions that's brilliant, if Smith thinks there is better out there that is getable and will improve Aston Villa then that's also brilliant.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He would be more of a last resort during a major injury crisis than a genuine option.

Greenwood is 19 and doing the business at Manure. Are we averse to bringing through the youth players people have been waxing lyrical about?

30 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Find all the stick Zaha gets a bit weird. He's definitely the type of player that you love to have for you and hate to have against you as he's talented and a wind-up merchant, but the Palace fans love him and I've never really seen where all this "bad attitude/effect on the squad" comes into it. Even if you Google it, it just seems to be an accusation he gets with no tangible evidence. Could be wrong of course.

Must caveat this by saying that isn't me arguing in favour of signing him or anything. Never happening in a million years of course, just an aside is all.

I agree he is quality, but I can't see him moving outside London, unless he sees it as being a step up from Palace. I doubt he would see a move to us as a significant step up yet (his mistake) and I doubt his Geography is on a par with Unsworth either, so he would be unlikely to guess that we are located somewhere south of Watford. 

He seems to agitate for a move on the verge of every window, so I guess that could be where his attitude comes into question. His age and his wage demands are against him. So its a no from me. I like the majority of us, would prefer us to use our money elsewhere.    

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If goal scorers in the final third can do the magic he does I'm prepared to give some leeway on defensive duty. Richarlison was mentioned earlier as a second striker that is better than Traore. Same amount of goals this season and Richarlison cost 50 million several seasons ago

yes, you don't need everyone to do defensive duties.   That's up to Smith to coach who he wants dropping back to defend and those he wants to stay up and focus on attacking.  

In fact, you don;t want too many attacking minded players doing defensive duties - that pushes us backwards and creates pressure on us. We need to keep an outlet or two for counter-attacks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

When do people think we will conduct most of our business, we can obviously buy now and sell after unlike some others, with the Euros happening, will deals be done asap or wait and see what the market is doing then pounce.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Please, PLEASE stop mentioning Wilfried **** Zaha. 

The guy is a cancer within football, a cheat, would want astronomical wages, could likely disrupt a close knit changing room and is almost 29 so outside our usual model. 

I don't want that prick anywhere near Villa. 

He can go to Arsenal, should fit right in…

We’ll take Buendia.

• Like 1