Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

We just need to buy a couple of players that break bones and a couple that can pull off bicycle kicks. Lets keep it simple.

Doug Ellis invented the bicycle kick

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I love defensive players, water carriers. Loved Whelan. Traore is the most flamboyant player we've had in ages. In my 8 a side team he's the guy that does nothing off the ball and I'm raging at him then he scores a worldie.

Hence why I wear ear muffs in my 8 a side games lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

if we want to get better then its not bertie that we replace, we replace trez as the 2nd choice with a player who is good enough to demote bertie to 2nd choice and lay down the challenge to him to make sure he gets better next season (which i think will happen)

Totally, we should get two wide forwards who are good enough to start for us. Then let competition for places work it's magic. Ideally at least one of them should be able to play anywhere, left, right or centrally.

If we only get one then they should definitely be OK either side or through the middle.

No idea who these players are mind ;)

Just sat here idly thinking that what would be really good would be a promising young full-back who can cover both full-back positions, ie James Justin but from two (?) years ago. Is there anyone out there who would fit that description?

8 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Given age and the big factor of changing continents, I think, if we were after a "10", I would favour a move for Pereira who appears to be available for a similar price? 

We’ll see, maybe we’ll play Jack as a 10 or Buendia if we manage to sign him…

It’s just exciting to be linked to a higher calibre of player and I can’t resist a bit of flair and style… we certainly need to enhance our creative ability (and reduce the burden and over-reliance on Jack). We need an expert set piece taker too and some of these players fit the bill.

We’ve gone over it countless times but that is our priority (and Dean has recently stated so also) and we could do with some strength and ability to dominate the ball in midfield, make it easier for us to mix it with the big teams and not be outmuscled or overpowered.

Felt for Watkins, he works so hard, but we couldn’t consistently get him quality service - if we solve that problem, we’ll be scoring for fun…

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just sat here idly thinking that what would be really good would be a promising young full-back who can cover both full-back positions, ie James Justin but from two (?) years ago. Is there anyone out there who would fit that description?

Aaron Hickey has been mentioned a few times… not settled at Bologna?

A young, exciting LB prospect would be a good move. Someone who could eventually succeed Targett.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I legit reckon you watched the Palace game and are suggesting him and barely follow him otherwise

I don't follow Palace or Zaha (unfortunately, I get mountains of grief if I ever watch any football match that Villa are not involved in!! 😉 unless its the Champions League Final or England games), but I have seen enough of him over the years to believe that he is a quality attacking player and a difference maker.

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I don't follow Palace or Zaha (unfortunately, I get mountains of grief if I ever watch any football match that Villa are not involved in!! 😉 unless its the Champions League Final or England games), but I have seen enough of him over the years to believe that he is a quality attacking player and a difference maker.

He is

But he's also mardy, wouldn't be cheap with little resale value 

The worry would be that his face wouldn't fit and we could do better elsewhere 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Saying Traore isn't good enough to start next season is ridiculous. Are we Man City? Guy was phenomenal for us for a debut season and will only get better. 

Phenomenal 😂👎

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Please, PLEASE stop mentioning Wilfried **** Zaha. 

The guy is a cancer within football, a cheat, would want astronomical wages, could likely disrupt a close knit changing room and is almost 29 so outside our usual model. 

I don't want that prick anywhere near Villa. 

Everytime I've watched Zaha he's always throwing his toys out of the pram or looks like he's about to cry.

Yes he has talent but not worth the hassle, would be like having a 29 year old teenager 

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i'd argue matty targett is now a totally different player to the matty targett of last season

how's about we stop writing players off as "we need better if we need to improve" when they've had just 1 season with us...

I didn’t write him off, I said I wanted a better player to replace him as a starter. Also Matt Targett isn’t a different player from the season before he is just more effective.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

if we want to get better then its not bertie that we replace, we replace trez as the 2nd choice with a player who is good enough to demote bertie to 2nd choice and lay down the challenge to him to make sure he gets better next season (which i think will happen)

That’s what I said ….

He can, but we don't want to have a right footed 2nd choice right back filling in at left back for any prolonged period. Especially how we need the full backs providing the width and crosses from that side. We need a left back at some point and with no Kesler level player coming through it needs to be a new signing. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Aaron Hickey has been mentioned a few times… not settled at Bologna?

A young, exciting LB prospect would be a good move. Someone who could eventually succeed Targett.

he has been injured for months