Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Seeing as we seem to be following on from last season looking at young(ish) players that have British League experience, I think that narrows the pool down significantly. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were in for Pereira too. 

This is time, historically when villa bottle it. MON looked to have built a good solid squad - we just needed more firepower ....enter Emile Heskey !!!

Gregory wanted to push on with Juninho , Muzzy Izzet, Robbie Keane - Ellis put on the brakes on the spending.

NSWE - haven't let us down yet......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Okonokos said:

It was in January. Might have been an article in the Athletic. He requested more game time with a few Championship clubs interested in a loan but it was refused. I don't like the "if we need him we need him" attitude. This is a 23 year old who needs game time and wants game time to develop himself. Who are we to deny him that? If we can only offer him 10 minute cameos every other week, why should we deny him a move?

I do know that Wesley's career was in serious danger of being ended. In fact, at one point his career was not the only concern. There were plenty of question marks over him even before the injury. It would be a minor miracle to expect him to be able to play at a Premier League standard.

Barry is far too young and Traore is not a striker. Not even close. And Smith clearly agrees with that.

I love Davis more than most on here and really hope he makes it preferably here or if not then somewhere else, but I don't think the club owe him anything. We took him from almost becoming a barber in Biggleswade to the Premier League and paid him (relatively low sure, but nevertheless) the wages to match, as well as giving him a platform on the world stage.

That's not to say we should be refusing loan moves if we don't need him, but last season evidently we did need him. Now Wesley is back and we might buy another striker then sure let him go out on loan if a deal suits both parties, but we haven't denied him opportunities unnecessarily yet and if anything he still owes Villa rather than vice versa.

While I 100 percent understand the logic of primarily chasing players who have played in, and/or are playing in England, I really hope we don't shoot ourselves in the foot by being too limited in our thinking.

I'd rather take a foreign ' Option A " level signing from overseas and wait for them to settle, than to overspend on an overpriced/overpaid local Option C/D and lower.

I obviously mean, in the event that we miss out on our Option A's locally.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

While I 100 percent understand the logic of primarily chasing players who have played in, and/or are playing in England, I really hope we don't shoot ourselves in the foot by being too limited in our thinking.

I'd rather take a foreign ' Option A " level signing from overseas and wait for them to settle, than to overspend on an overpriced/overpaid local Option C/D and lower.

I obviously mean, in the event that we miss out on our Option A's locally.

We signed Sanson in Jan with no PL experience. I reckon we’ll be looking at value for money as the top priority, with a lot of nice-to-haves tagged on the end.

6 hours ago, Okonokos said:

No matter how many times you mention Traore's record of goals when playing as as striker, it doesn't change the fact that all of those games were in the Eredivisie and Ligue 1.

Who was that lad for Arsenal that was a winger from Ligue 1?

9 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm not convinced by Ezri at RB. I think he was one of the poorer players over the last 2 games in that position. Not awful but his positioning and marking weren't great imo. Okay for cover, but not ideal.

I thought he was great v Son personally, he barely had a kick.

Fine first half v Chelsea (most of their better moves came down Targett's side) and yeah second half he just got sucked in a bit for a couple of their crosses which most CBs at full back tend to do. They were basically playing Chilwell as left winger all half and had 3-4 all floating around so bit of a thankless task.

I'm just saying he can fill in for a few games, not like a full season of say Mellberg or Cuellar at RB. Who knows, Cash may stay fit all next season like Targett has so he might not be needed there anyway.

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

So we only want players that have played in England, one is Buendia and the other is a winger (supposedly)

If we end up with;

Watkins

Grealish - Buendia - Zaha

..we will have a top 4 attack.

Buendia plays on the right and Zaha is a mopey git who is too old now for our purchasing model and I wouldn't want near our club with his attitude

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I thought he was great v Son personally, he barely had a kick.

Fine first half v Chelsea (most of their better moves came down Targett's side) and yeah second half he just got sucked in a bit for a couple of their crosses which most CBs at full back tend to do. They were basically playing Chilwell as left winger all half and had 3-4 all floating around so bit of a thankless task.

I'm just saying he can fill in for a few games, not like a full season of say Mellberg or Cuellar at RB. Who knows, Cash may stay fit all next season like Targett has so he might not be needed there anyway.

I'm not saying he was awful by any stretch. We just didn't have that outlet that we do with a natural FB down that right side. He can do a job there, just not ideal.

9 minutes ago, supermon said:

Is it just me that thinks Romano is just another Twitter spoofer? Despite the millions of followers he just tweets stuff that is in the public domain or speculative nonsense that doesn't really say anything.

• Like 1