Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

There is much more to playing as a striker than just goals. Traores goals generally come from wide positions.

What is it about him that makes you so sure he'd be a striker? Because Dean Smith clearly doesn't agree.

I'll have to watch his season goal highlights because I remember several coming from central position. Smith literally said he's an option when we signed him

I've always thought El Ghazi would make a decent CF. Not someone to just knock the ball up to and expect him to hold it up but if you were doing a false 9 type formation I reckon he could grow into that role.

Or at the very least give him a go in number 10 role Barkley had for half the season, same for Traore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Christ that goal against the Baggies gets better and better and better. 

There's fox in the box goals from him as well. Has knack of being in right place at right time

Just now, Okonokos said:

I meant his goals have come from him playing in a wide position, not that the goals actually came from out wide.

He's done well and scored lots of goals from the wing. Why change his position now?

I never said change his position. The whole time it's pointing out Smith said when we signed him added bonus is he can play through the middle. He is an option 

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I meant his goals have come from him playing in a wide position, not that the goals actually came from out wide.

He's done well and scored lots of goals from the wing. Why change his position now?

We aren't changing his position. He has played as a striker in the past. However watkins is better than traore which means either an upgrade or a suitable backup for on/for traore will cost less and be more impactful especially when you consider the fact traore is regularly substituted. 

Which means it is more cost effective to sign a backup winger and play traore upfront if necessary than to sign a backup striker. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

If Davis left the club, how would people feel if we signed Eddie Nketiah? Really good scoring record for England up to U21 level. Can play out wide and up front.

His contract is up next summer so could be a relatively cheap option if we were in the market for a striker.

I'm not 100% sold on the idea, just wanted to gauge opinions.

• Like 2

On 24/05/2021 at 13:45, Delphinho123 said:

Dike was really poor in the playoffs. Just a big battering ram of a player it looked like to me. 

We're going back a ways, but I just saw this, which is absolutely relevant to why you had that impression of Daryl Dike from watching him with Barnsley. Wherever he goes next, they're probably going to have to wipe his hard drive and reprogram him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

If Davis left the club, how would people feel if we signed Eddie Nketiah? Really good scoring record for England up to U21 level. Can play out wide and up front.

His contract is up next summer so could be a relatively cheap option if we were in the market for a striker.

I'm not 100% sold on the idea, just wanted to gauge opinions.

I'd take him or Folarin Balogun, but I think the latter has just signed a new contract, so that might not be as practicable.

3 hours ago, Okonokos said:

He’s done ok, he certainly hasn’t been bad. For us to make the next step as a guaranteed top half finishers every season with a minimum of 60 points we need better than him as a starter.

13 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

This isn't aimed at you, it's what the article says... But who doesn't want to get their business done early?! These lazy statements are what journalism relies on these days. Every team in the country wants their business done early so they can settle in, gel etc. No one wants to leave it late, pay desperation premiums and miss pre-season. Unfortunately, that's not how business works.

I think the point is that when there is a major international tournament most of the transfer dealings are done afterwards rather than before. With that in mind I think that Percy is alluding to us sorting something out before mid-June because agents/players/managers will all be doing other things around the Euros. 

I suspect that Arsenal will keep flirting with Buendia whilst they try and sort Odegaard. I can see this saga dragging on all summer and it wouldn’t surprise me if another couple of clubs enter the mix. 
I’m not sure if it’s in Norwich’s interests to secure the funds early or try and start a bidding war which could take much longer, be riskier and they’re paying his wages in the mean time.

When do people think we will conduct most of our business, we can obviously buy now and sell after unlike some others, with the Euros happening, will deals be done asap or wait and see what the market is doing then pounce.

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

When do people think we will conduct most of our business, we can obviously buy now and sell after unlike some others, with the Euros happening, will deals be done asap or wait and see what the market is doing then pounce.

I think one or two signings before the Euro's and the rest after then.

If we can get all our signings in for the start of pre-season then that would be great and advantageous for us.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Last season the bigger signings happened a little over a month after the season ended. Hard to say if that was by design or not. 

It's worth mentioning that we didn't know what league we'd be in until the last day of the season was over, though and I imagine we've already started conversation with agents and clubs over our targets - which were probably decided weeks/months ago. It wouldn't surprise me to see us moving quickly.  

• Like 1